The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Evora's first name / code name was Eagle and as I look around my car I've found the Eagle name in a few spots and wanted to share.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Interesting. Eagle=Evora aside, my front bar did not have that label nor those specifications.

@friss Do you have calipers? Can you verify that your bar is really 24mm? All the ones that I have every seen are 23mm.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Cool. Thanks for sharing that. I remember back then hoping that Eagle would not be the actual name.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool, but how does the third pic denote Eagle? I'm old, so maybe I missed it?

San
It doesn't say Eagle but it is labeled as a sample unit that I assume was for testing purposes.

Interesting. Eagle=Evora aside, my front bar did not have that label nor those specifications.

@friss Do you have calipers? Can you verify that your bar is really 24mm? All the ones that I have every seen are 23mm.
I do have calipers and I'll try and get a measurement soon. These pictures were from a couple months ago when I had the car in a more disassembled state.

Have that one too..
I haven't come across that one yet though the sub box itself does have another sticker that I always forgot to grab a picture of. Cool to see it live on in later cars.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I replaced the single DIN alpine with a double DIN in my 2011 Evora, and the black-out plate under the stereo says Eagle as well. I didn't find the Eagle designation on other parts I removed (to do the stereo install), but it was on that black-out plate.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Confirmed the front bar is 24mm, the rear is 22mm. So seems like both were bigger than production sizes.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
638 Posts
Elige development names seem to be race courses - Monza, Croft, etc. I didn't find any obvious sources for the Eagle name from that pool....

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Confirmed the front bar is 24mm, the rear is 22mm. So seems like both were bigger than production sizes.
So this is pretty astounding. It has profound implications for the few of us that run competitive events with tight rulesets. I am allowed 1 sway bar substitution, but not both. If there were alternative sizes produced based on build date, it opens up many more combinations to test. Any additional roll stiffness is welcome.

So down to brass tacks, where did you measure diameter?

donour

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went out and got some pics of the measurements. Rear pretty consistent though I couldn't get up against the bottom of the bar due to the defuser.

Rear

Front was a bit harder to get a measurement that wasn't convoluted. When up against the bottom cover it measured the smallest but elsewhere on the bar towards the endlinks was 24.

The bushing look fine from what I can see of them (and as I understand it this car spent a lot more time sitting than moving) but something I'll have to look into at some point. Hope this helps!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts