The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the Boston area craigslist, an Eclat with a rover V8 is listed for 4k.
I figure I will go look at it and report, got more than I bargained for
The Eclat has no fuel tank, but is otherwise complete. most of original engine is included.
The garage is very tiny thus the weird pics
first the Eclat

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Notice the orange hoists.
I noticed in the original ad, an orange underbody above

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the story:

In 1980 I had an Opel GT, my first car. It needed some engine work, and a local rod shop had popped up down the street, and they sent the head out for work. I would go down and chat with them as any red blooded 18 year old car guy would. One day a car pulled up, and we all gawked, although it was a bit tatty. All I remembered was it was orange, with a gold roof. He told us a funny story about a cop not giving him a speeding ticket because he liked the car, and off he went.
Four years later I ended up buying an Elan +2 even though I wanted a Europa. Some years later I realized that orange with a gold roof was standard for an S130, and that car was a +2

Fast forward 41 years, and I am standing,err underneath this +2 and tell the owner this story
He replies that he bought the car in about 1982 from a guy in that area, who worked at a company the next town over.
So, there it is very likely the exact car I have been telling a funny story about for over 40 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts