29,083 Posts
Wow. That is an amazing picture.

His license plate should be

SPEEDBMP

·
purveyor of lightness
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bingo. Westbound 435 past Nall. Corporate Woods in the center background.

Nice catch!

Older gentleman in the Elan. We smiled and gave each other thumbs up as he went by - he saw the "MY OTHER CAR IS A LOTUS ELISE" license plate holder.

AND... this morning I saw a white late 90ish Esprit S4.

WTF? I don't see a Lotus automobile for 3 months and suddenly I see two within 14 hours...

DOOMED!

(I always wanted to jump on the bandwagon and say that)

:bow:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
darkSol said:
Look at what I saw on the way home from work tonight... biggest and the smallest...

How would the Elise compare?

Wow!
Do you always keep a camera on your person? That pic can't be from a camera phone.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Lotus Elan and H2 Hummer!

huggy bear said:
Do you always keep a camera on your person? That pic can't be from a camera phone.
It's a Kodak EasyShare DX 4530 - it happened to be on the passenger seat at the time - I was bringing it home (forgot it at a friend's house after 4th July celebrations).

It was fun trying to shoot and drive the 330xi at the same time... and the picture did turn out better than I thought it would. I always think that camera optics will autofocus on the glass immediately in front of the camera and not the subject in the distance - but I guess it worked this time.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
great shott

cool pic................ BUT what i want is your license plate frame......... where'd ya get it ?? ( my other car is a lotus elise )

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
randy is selling it...from cafepress.com

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hey! That's me!

Great shot! That really is me. The Elan is my primary car when it is not too hot or too cold. I'm #28 at Behlmann (now Midrivers Lotus). I am supposed to get a test drive Friday at 7:00 pm if I can get there in time. I am taking my son to a Phil Wicks Driving Academy at Gateway International on Saturday. I tried to talk Midrivers Lotus into letting me take it to the track, but no luck. There is a Ferrari track day at the same time.

Incidently, the Elan and an early DeLorean are for sale to make room for the Elise.

Mike Roberts

Attachments

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Here's My elan

Okay, here's my Elan (and my Elise will be Chrome Orange - my wife likes orange)...

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts