The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys just had a new clam but on my elise after an accident. So I've figured someone can use this one for parts or section of it, or someone thats really good with fiberglass that wants a project. but i would not recommend it. Although the body shop that repaired my car said it can be fix but with A LOT of work!!! as its cracked it many spots. and has missing peaces. here are some pictures so if you have any questions let me know. and if you need more pictures thats possible.

ASKING $500 PLUS REAL SHIPPING COST OR PICK UP IN ANDERSON SC

Also have a passenger airbag i'll sell for $500 free shipping.

·
Registered
20 Posts
New clam shell cost

Out of curiosity: what did the new clams hell cost and what was the lead time? I was just in an accident and would like to keep the repair shop and insurance company honest.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Could you fix this up with fiberglass repair and then put it on your car? Would it be legal?

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Out of curiosity: what did the new clams hell cost and what was the lead time? I was just in an accident and would like to keep the repair shop and insurance company honest.
I paid $1,500 for a less hit one and spend another $500ish for the shop to fix it with a paint job.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could you fix this up with fiberglass repair and then put it on your car? Would it be legal?

Of course you can! its like fixing any car out there plus fiberglass is the best to fix because it can be molded better then other materials.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Of course you can! its like fixing any car out there plus fiberglass is the best to fix because it can be molded better then other materials.
Interesting.... I am only 16, but ive been on this forum the past 6ish(?) Months, I plan on getting an elise when im 18-18 1/2, I think this clam is so awesome... I wish I could just spend $400 on this, fix it up and always have a spare front clam on hand at all times... Even if it just sat there for the next two years looking pretty :rolleyes:

Oh well, im thinking way to far into the future!!!! Good luck selling it man, I think this is a pretty dang good deal! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts