The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I have a 2017 Elise Sport. I'd like to upgrade it a bit. As far as I know to do the Komo Tec upgrade you send your compresor pulley to them, they modify it and then send it back to you.
Does any one know the final size of it?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Any reason you're not asking Komo Tec??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any reason you're not asking Komo Tec??
Well, I did, but they dont offer me just the pulley. I understand they want to sell me the full kit with their software, which is ok, but i d like to work on my own software.

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Wait. They don't want to disclose pulley diameter? Really?

I'd email them saying seriously considering their product. Ask 2 - 3 questions, including of course diameter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait. They don't want to disclose pulley diameter? Really?

I'd email them saying seriously considering their product. Ask 2 - 3 questions, including of course diameter.
I ll try tomorrow and then let you know

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
The MP45 is already easily heat-soaked. Spinning it faster is just going to compound that issue. There's a reason BOE doesn't offer a tune for it. There's no headroom and it's just too small. The lack of an intercooler is the final nail in the coffin.

San

·
Registered
104 Posts
The MP45 is already easily heat-soaked. Spinning it faster is just going to compound that issue. There's a reason BOE doesn't offer a tune for it. There's no headroom and it's just too small. The lack of an intercooler is the final nail in the coffin.
The 2ZR uses a Magnuson/TVS R900 supercharger.

To the OP - It may be best to ask on one of the euro boards. This board is US focused and we did not receive street legal 2zr cars. You can also reach out to magnuson and see if they can provide some insight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2ZR uses a Magnuson/TVS R900 supercharger.

To the OP - It may be best to ask on one of the euro boards. This board is US focused and we did not receive street legal 2zr cars. You can also reach out to magnuson and see if they can provide some insight.
Thank you so much. Its a pity you dont get 2zr up there.
Looking for some information about the supercharger. How fo you know its a Magnuson tvs?

·
Registered
865 Posts
If you'd like to get more power from you Elise 220, this YT series is a good reference. None of the mods done were reducing SC pulley size . Nothing radical, but as you'll see, they work & not just for a quick spin on a rolling road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you'd like to get more power from you Elise 220, this YT series is a good reference. None of the mods done were reducing SC pulley size . Nothing radical, but as you'll see, they work & not just for a quick spin on a rolling road.
Really interesting. But I believe,not sure,than the 220 sport has some engine components different than the 220cup.
have been looking for differences on internet,but there is not too much info.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I dont think the 220 / 250 ZR SC CC's were internally different engine wise no matter the trim spec. I 'think' the changes were fuel & ECU map related. The very limited production 260 'may' have had some further changes to squeeze a little more (smaller pulley?) but you'd need to check.

Lotus never internally changed the 2ZZ either when going from 190 NA, to ultimately 260 SC / IC . Nor have they internally changed the V6 engined cars, even when going to 430 SC / CC.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I dont think the 220 / 250 ZR SC CC's were internally different engine wise no matter the trim spec. I 'think' the changes were fuel & ECU map related. The very limited production 260 'may' have had some further changes to squeeze a little more (smaller pulley?) but you'd need to check.

Lotus never internally changed the 2ZZ either when going from 190 NA, to ultimately 260 SC / IC . Nor have they internally changed the V6 engined cars, even when going to 430 SC / CC.
I can't imagine why there would be any engine differences. OEM manufacturers don't spend money when they don't have to. They certainly wouldn't have made changes to a 220 HP model, as the same engine specifications were used for the 260s. I don't think the 260s had any differences other than a different IC for some models, larger injectors, and throttle body openings (ECU based). I've never read anything here on the forum regarding a smaller pulley for any OEM SC Elise/Exige.

San

1 - 13 of 13 Posts