The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I replaced the stock Lotus Esprit airbag steering wheel on my car with the airbag steering wheel from the Lotus Elise. I posted the results of what I did and received a lot of emails requesting me to make more of the hub adaptors and make the airbag functional on the Elise steering wheel. I have made a small number of conversion kits and have sold some of them. I have only a few left and when they are gone I will not make anymore. What is included in the kit is the hub adaptor to adapt the Elise wheel to the Esprit steering column, the conversion harness to connect the Elise airbag to the Esprit SIR system and all hardware. The Elise wheel and airbag is not included. The price of the kit is $300 plus shipping. If you are interested in purchasing one of the kits PM me.

·
Registered
390 Posts
How's it going? I bought your first adaptor without the airbag wiring. I love it. Now I'm interested in the one with the airbag adaptor. Put me in for one. PM me when you get the chance.

Freddy

·
Registered
180 Posts
Here is mine installed on a 98. I can say this kit was the bomb. Thank you Robert for fabricating this..:bow: Great instructions, everything you need to complete the install. It is by far a new experience driving the car with this wheel. It just feels tighter and sharper. I will admit it took me a whole day of driving to get used to how much smaller this wheel is. This opportunity will not come again, so if you have ever thought of getting rid of that GM wheel, jump on it..... IMHO it looks so much better than the Raid wheel, plus it has that nice Lotus logo on it:clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Last chance!

I only have only 1 kit left and then they are all gone. This is your last chance. If you are interested PM me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sure it's been covered somewhere on here, but I just want to lose my 02 factory wheel and replace it with a non-airbag momo... Where do I find an adapter/hub?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do you still have a kit available? If so, how much and do you know how much an Elise wheel should run?

Thx

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Anyone have one of these willing to part with? and/or Lotus Elise steering wheel?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
OK, after having the Elise steering wheel on my 1994 S4 for a week or so can comment a bit on it and the install..

Installation instructions: Are very easy to follow and explicit

Installition itself: Pretty easy actually as long as follow the instructions. Only PITA was getting the connector under dash on driver side disconnected. Highly recomend a mirror for location and undoing it. MUST use a torque wrench for the nut that holds the adapter; I over tightened mine a bit and it cinched down to point to binding. Undid, corrected, solved.

In Use: WAY better than OEM steering wheel, while the smaller size does increase effort it is very, VERY minor. The smaller size does block the top of the tach and speedo a bit but not that big of a deal really. Is easier to get in and out of the car due to smaller size as well.

And it looks MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH better too!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts