21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
More kits are in work. Should be available first week in May.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
As an FYI to those who do this, make sure you do not over tighten the bolt when you put it on. I did this and it made steering very hard! Basically was being lazy and didnt pull out the torque wrench. Loosened, torqued to spec in instructions and all is good.

A DEFINITE MUST DO UPGRADE!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my kit a while ago. Finally installed it two days ago. Lookwise it`s really a big improvement over the stock wheel. Also the feel of the car changes dramatically, the car feels much smaller. For my taste the elise wheel could be a little bit bigger and thicker. But anyway the kit is great and so are the instructions. Thank you duneomatic
To all of you who are planning the conversion, don´t forget to paint the adapter black or else it will look a bit like a conversion;-)

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
don´t forget to paint the adapter black or else it will look a bit like a conversion;-)
I just did a wind of black electric tape and it looks great. As it ages, it's easy to replace without removing the wheel.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Gets sticky with heat though. It would drive me crazy lol
Use good quality stuff like 3M instead. That penny pinching will always get you into trouble.

Besides, exactly how much are you going to be touching that adapter??Exactly what sort of perverted things are you doing while driving??? That's just sick.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Indeterminate
162 Posts
That wheel looks fantastic in the Esprit! I am on the waiting list for Dunomatics kit, now just need the wheel -eek-
If anyone has or knows of one for sale, please let me know. Thanks much
-Duncan

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Duneomatic sells the right adapter for Elise steering wheel - it's your choice using other adaptor that its not meant for the steering wheel you bought -- after all, there are safety to consider......say the fitment of the air bag?

You might as well buy the raid.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts