The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I have a wheel and an airbag! Only need an adaptor. PM''d you, Duneomatic.

Does anyone know if the Esprit and Elise steering shaft splines are the same?

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Okay, Does anyone have a photo of the adaptor that they can share here? I am trying to understand what that adaptor might look like, as the Elise wheel already has splined boss on it, and the steering shaft is splined. I'm guessing that the adaptor fits over the steering shaft and inside the steering wheel boss, and the kit includes a ring to visually close the gap between the wheel and the steering column cover?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last year I replaced the stock Lotus Esprit airbag steering wheel on my car with the airbag steering wheel from the Lotus Elise. I posted the results of what I did and received a lot of emails requesting me to make more of the hub adaptors and make the airbag functional on the Elise steering wheel. I have made a small number of conversion kits and have sold some of them. I have only a few left and when they are gone I will not make anymore. What is included in the kit is the hub adaptor to adapt the Elise wheel to the Esprit steering column, the conversion harness to connect the Elise airbag to the Esprit SIR system and all hardware. The Elise wheel and airbag is not included. The price of the kit is $300 plus shipping. If you are interested in purchasing one of the kits PM me.

Hello

My name is roger do you have a adaptor for the lotus Esprit for the airbag year 2002 for the steering wheel?
the conversion harness to connect the Elise airbag to the Esprit SIR system and all hardware.

Thanks for the answer

Kind regards

roger

·
Registered
40 Posts
Okay, Does anyone have a photo of the adaptor that they can share here? I am trying to understand what that adaptor might look like, as the Elise wheel already has splined boss on it, and the steering shaft is splined. I'm guessing that the adaptor fits over the steering shaft and inside the steering wheel boss, and the kit includes a ring to visually close the gap between the wheel and the steering column cover?

The elusive, no longer available Evora to Esprit steering wheel conversion kit.

Yes it’s all about the custom adapter hub, a small wiring mod and like 10 pages of detailed instructions.

I lucked out and found one that didn’t end up being installed and they were willing to sell me the last unmounted kit probably.

My evora wheel is off for some further mods and I’ll be mounting mine soon.

Yes the inner GM type splines on the inside on the adapter hub center hole would probably need the special tool that machines such cuts deep in a hole and that looksto be the hardest part of reproducing this. But couldn’t the female parts of these splines be torn out of old GM steering wheels perhaps?

Anyway here are the pics.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Esprit V8 Parts includine Elise wheels

Hello Everyone,
I sold my Esprit a few years ago and have some parts for sale which I listed in the Market place section, including 2 Elise steering wheels with Airbags, one has the kit I purchased from Duneomatic (thanks John!). Please PM me with offers, the wheel with the kit is in excellent condition, the second wheel is in good condition with superficial scratches on the airbag. I will not separate the hub adaptor kit from the wheels as it is mounted and ready for installation. See picture. I apologize but cannot offer more pics as I am very busy.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
want Elise or Evora

Just acquired my 1997 Esprit V8, and would love to have either Elise or Evora steering wheel conversion, if anyone is selling their setup, or has extra hub adaptors for either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 1995 lotus esprit. Does anyone know where I can get a steering wheel conversion kit for Elise wheel/airbag?

61 - 70 of 70 Posts