The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the first LEAR? When and where? I'd suggest Las Vegas some time in the fall when enough cars arrive.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Vegas Baby! Vegas!!!

Perhaps October...when temps are lower and other possibly competing summer car events are over. There is a nreaby racetrack, and lots of open roads, and of course there is Vegas!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
And we could get a few of Randy's ConeCams and get a composite clip of us parading down the strip stopping traffic.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
The MR2 club recently had a gathering at Vegas, and experienced much less than expected turnout. If you ask me, it's because of the location. The drive THERE is nothing special, and once you're there, the driving isn't very interesting. Sure, there's a track nearby, but what else? I'd vote for having it in California or Arizona instead. California, for example, has racetracks about every three hours' drive north to south (Thunderhill, Sears Point, Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Willow Springs), with some really incredible roads between and nearby. I don't know many roads in Arizona, but I hear it has good ones in some areas.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Good thought, also consider Colorado, Dillon Pass and roads around it are a gas.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The S2KCA (S2000 Club of America www.s2kca.com) has decided to have their annual event, S2KDays, in Colorado next year.

Should be a good area - lots of great roads and beautiful things to look at.

With only 2-3K cars coming to the states each year, I wouldn't count on a high turnout for an event like this. As has been talked about before, I would stay affiliated with established Lotus clubs - why re-invent they wheel?

FYI - I am a co-founder of the S2KCA and have planned a national meet before - none of it is fun stuff. In fact, it's the most thankless task I have ever taken on. That's the reason I'm not involved with the S2KCA anymore.

EDIT - Forgot a couple of important letters after the word "would" in reference to the number of attendees. I don't see alot of owners driving cross-country for a meet. 50-75 tops. Prove me wrong and I'll be the first to admit it!

·
Registered
302 Posts
babak said:
Good thought, also consider Colorado, Dillon Pass and roads around it are a gas.
I'd be happy to lead a tour of the twisties if there was a meet in Colorado.

Jeff

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Colorado would be great! I love the roads in that state.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Colorado sounds like the place then. It is more centralized US than Nevada too.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
James A said:
The LOG, Lotus Owners Gathering, in Birmingham has an autocross, a track day, and a very nice drive through the hills/mountains. Dan Gurney is a guest speaker and lots of Lotus talk, sounds like a good opportunity for all the Elise owners to gather.
http://www.lotuscarclub.org/index.htm
Unfortunately, it's scheduled the same time as the main event for national autocrossers, the SCCA Solo2 Nationals in Kansas.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
and.... if you all can wait... the West Coast Lotus Meet (WCLM) will return in late spring 2005.

The 2004 WCLM is in Tahoe and includes - tours, track day, autocross, concours, dinner/dance lake cruise, concours, BBQ and more. Looking for a repeat in '05, but another wonderful venue...

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
James A said:
The LOG, Lotus Owners Gathering, in Birmingham has an autocross, a track day, and a very nice drive through the hills/mountains. Dan Gurney is a guest speaker and lots of Lotus talk, sounds like a good opportunity for all the Elise owners to gather.
http://www.lotuscarclub.org/index.htm
Dan Gurney guest speaker, autcross, track day????

Where do I sign up???

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
adamant said:
Ok the first LEAR? When and where? I'd suggest Las Vegas some time in the fall when enough cars arrive.
Can we call it a RALLY since this would be the first time most of us would met and not really reunite? Just a thought and being a trouble maker. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts