The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be a mistake to purchase a used Elise?? I am looking at 41,995$$ for this Elise, so they say on the website. I am still kicking myself for not putting a deposit down 21 months ago at the ATL Auto Show. What is everyones opinion on this particular Elise?? Thanks, Adam.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
what options, color, miles?

color is a 590 or 1200 buck hit on some...options come at a cost. my guess is this is a yellow car with no options?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I've heard very bad things about that dealership.

The other luxury motors location is very close to my house... and after seeing the cars they have and how poorly they care for them, I'd never even consider buying a car from them.

I've heard from several people that they were found to be selling "new" exotics a while back which turned out to actually be wrecked cars with new bodies and that sort of thing...

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's my old car...I traded it in for a Boxster S. As perfect as it can get with maybe a few rock chips on the lower front. No biggy though. I've tried to sell this car outright for reasonable prices and nobody wanted it. The Elise is starting to drop like a regular car would in value. In the midwest and east the cars are at sticker and below. The hype is over. Sooooo this is a good buy if you ask me. Very Very lightly used on Suburban Chicago roads and a great price to match. PM me if you want more details on that car!

Paul

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looks like it is in good shape, I wonder if they are letting people test drive it or how long it has been at the dealer.

Not a great deal, especially if you are going to finance it and now need to get "used" car financing. I would assume they want to unload it ASAP as things are getting pretty nasty here....today I lived in rain cloud at work, visibility out of my office is not very good and there is a decent amount of salt on the roads already.

If it was Laser Blue/touring/HT/starshield on the other hand I would drive down there tonight and buy it!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
When was the last time you checked out "used" car financing? You can secure a 72-84 month loan at 5-7% on a "used" $30,000 car if you wanted to! Pretty good deal to me. Banks are throwing simple and affordable loans to anybody these days...new or not.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Still worse than 3.75% for a "new auto loan"...just saying it is another factor that makes the deal "less" attractive...to most people it won't matter at all...and could be a point to try to get them to negotiate a little...

Most people here are probably either not financing or are using a HELOC (home equity line) anyways.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Also on financing, my friends family runs a car dealership and the financing companies make a killing on new immigrants who just moved to the states coming and buying huge $30,000 vans with no credit history...they gladly give them loans at 15-20+%APR ...pretty crazy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts