The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey all,

I'm slowly going to be building a video catalogue of info on what to look for when buying a used Lotus. Here's the first set on the Elise/Exige:

Elise/Exige Video Buyer's Guide - Cosmetics

Elise/Exige Video Buyer's Guide - Mechanical

Elise/Exige Video Buyer's Guide - Maintenance

-Ben
GGLC Video-Dude

·
Registered
6,488 Posts

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Elise/Exige Video Buyer's Guide (from the GGLC)

The GGLC Video-Dude has knocked it outta the park! Here is a 3 part video "Buyer-Guide" to the Lotus Elise/Exige. With the help of Rob Dietsch see what to look for when buying and how to best maintain your Elise/Exige.

Elise/Exige Video Buyer's Guide - Cosmetics

Elise/Exige Video Buyer's Guide - Mechanical

Elise/Exige Video Buyer's Guide - Maintenance

Enjoy!
Kiyoshi

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Just watched all 3 of those. Truly a great contribution to the Lotus Community. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok guys please don't get mad at me as I am new to Lotus Talk. Don't really know how the forum works.

Am considering purchasing an Elise. One of the cars I have found is currently on eBay. It has a lot of modifications done by B O E. First do you guys know BOE and second what do you think about modifications on the Elise?

Thank you

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Ok guys please don't get mad at me as I am new to Lotus Talk. Don't really know how the forum works.

Am considering purchasing an Elise. One of the cars I have found is currently on eBay. It has a lot of modifications done by B O E. First do you guys know BOE and second what do you think about modifications on the Elise?

Thank you
Welcome:

A few things:

- reach out to local Austin owners - I think 'metro cube' is an Austin guy.

- BOE is very well regarded. Phil is well known here. We most likely know the prior owner and/or the car. Best to list the mods. Nearly all Elises are modified. Bone stock is rare. Reach out to Phil directly - he can most likely tell you all about the car.

- Read the sticky. It will educate you a ton.

- Start a new thing - 'looking at purchasing XYZ car'. People will see it and respond. Post a link to the add and the vin. Chances are someone will know the car and/or the prior owner.

I'm assuming this is the car?

Lotus Elise Fixed Roof Coupe | eBay

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
these are great vids for the noobs... Rob knows what hes talking about :up:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great, in depth walkthroughs!

This stuff is like gold, I wish more people took the time to produce in-depth videos like these (on all cars).

The "scarred cam" issue is something I didn't know anything about, and it could destroy the engine (!).

I embedded these 3 vids into my website. It's basically a collection of buying tips I've collected over the past couple of years.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts