The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I an 6'2" and wanting to know if I would fit into a Elise ?
(with a hard top in place)

Are the different Series of cars offer more driver space ?

I am wanting race an Elise so virually sitting on the floor is not new !!

Thanks for your help.

Regards

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
You should fit fine. We have many drivers your height, some as tall as 6' 4". Best bet is to go to a dealer with your helmet and get into an Exige.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You should fit fine. We have many drivers your height, some as tall as 6' 4". Best bet is to go to a dealer with your helmet and get into an Exige.
There are several owners who are 6'6" and 6'5". I am 6'6"/265 lbs and fit fine in my Elise.

tasroadster said:
I an 6'2" and wanting to know if I would fit into a Elise? (with a hard top in place)
Search and you fill find lots of threads on this topic.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
I am 6' 3" tall with a 34" inseam and I fit just fine in my Elise with a soft top. I tried a car with the hard top at the dealer and while I was able to fit inside the car just fine, getting in and out was very difficult. For this reason I didn't ever consider getting a hard top. Even just getting out of my car with the soft top on, I roll up the driver's side from inside the car to give me enough room to swing my head out and get my butt past the sill. About the only thing you can do is go to a Lotus dealer and try getting into and out of cars in both configurations. If you intend to track the car you will have to get the hard top and do your best with figuring out how to get into and out of the car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Elise has a fair amount of leg room/headroom, but is unforgiving if you're "big boned".

It is a car that you realy need to try on for yourself.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Honestly, as far as height goes, it depends on your body type. I'm 6'2" but I'm all torso so I had to lower the seat and get a low profile helmet to fit.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It will all depend on torso length. There is plenty of legroom, but not you might run into headroom issues. The other issue is the width of the seats. Some big guys are uncomfortable in the seats because their hip bones sit on the sides of the seats.

Bottom line - Larry is right, you have to go sit in one yourself. It's not for everyone.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I'm 6'2"/190lbs with a long torso. I fit fine with about 1/2" to 1" clearance to soft top. It's actually a very comfortable cockpit.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm 6'4" 175-80lbs and It's my daliy driver....
It has more head and leg room than my old Crossfire...
you'll be fine :coolnana:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Fitness makes a difference

At work I am one of the taller guys in my department, but I am only 6' tall, 205 lbs. My inseam is ~31-32", so I feel like I am also 'all torso'. However, when I sit down, I am one of the shortest at a conference table. The reason is because most of the guys I work with are well above 250 lbs.

My co-workers are packing about 30 pounds more on their asses, which amounts to as much at 6" extra sitting height on a guy who is barely 5'8. Basically, I am saying you'll have to test drive every potential car for yourself, because everyone is built differently, height is not the only factor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi everyone.

I an 6'2" and wanting to know if I would fit into a Elise ?
(with a hard top in place)
You should be fine. I am 6'4" and 190lbs and have no problem fitting in the Elise. When I first got the car I was around 240lbs -eek- but still had no problem fitting. You _will_ need a little agility to get in and out comfortably with the top on...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone,

Very helpful...... now I'm inspired to go shopping.

I think I was thinking I that it would be 51% impossible to fit in.

The Elise does do very well at Tarmac Rallying.

Thanks again.

Regards

1 - 20 of 30 Posts