The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how much attention the lotus elise grabs, is it mostly guys or do you find a lot of girls looking at your car when you come out? Do girls ever just assume that it's a 100k car and think you're rich? Do girls give you a lot of smiles and waves when you're driving around in it? I want to hear stories! :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I just got a huge promotion at work so I'm saving up for my Elise, gonna start shopping this fall/winter to try to get a sweet deal. Looking to spend 25k-35k.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Check out the 'Funniest Comments' thread.

The short answer is yes, these cars get a ton of attention. Some people dig that, some don't.

10 year old boys will go batch*t for your car. Some older guys will dig your car or they'll give you grief for it.

As for girls, ummm, high school girls and pre-teens will go gaga and pose by the car with their iPhone cameras.

As far as 'pullin' shawties', I don't really know. Married dude so no idea. I'm thinking a loud 'exotic' fancy pants sports car can't hurt - but then again, they might give you the 'overcompensating' vibe.

I will say that many people think these cars cost a lot more than they do.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had the oh he must be overcompensating part once, but the girl in my passenger seat knew better.
Lots of guys will try to say something to bring you down with their jealousy, there's even a few girls that will. Just keep smiling as you pass whatever they are driving.
I have yet to take it to the beach but I already know that tons of "chicks" love the car but if you plan on buying the car just for the chicks you'll be disappointed because its definitely not an automatic legspreader. Girls have this thing called self respect and a lot of them will think you are more into cars than her. If you are already with someone than chances are getting a Lotus will create some "tension" if they are insecure about the relationship or themselves.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Look! You've already attracted a chick just by talking about the car!

:nanner2:
Damn it. FAIL!

I get a lot of attention from other girls because I'm a girl driving a Lotus. "Omg, that's so cool," kind of attention.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
most women don't give a crap about what kind of car you drive. I've have some dates that wanted jump my bones as soon as she saw my car (I never took it out on the first date)... but my fiance didn't really care what kind of car I drive.

Getting a car is the worst (and the most expensive) way to attract women. Its much more effective to just be confident, dress nice, and get a decent haircut.

like others say, you'll most likely get most attention from kids and teenage boys. Buy the car because you love to drive it, not because other people will like it.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
if you are a girl.... and you drive a Lotus.. then that is f*ckin hot. lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a million little cousins, nieces and nephews that I ended up giving rides to last weekend. Little kids love it and you can really leave them with something they'll remember for a very long time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh no, I'm definitely getting a Lotus Elise for all the right reasons. I'm a 21 year old single, good-looking (I like to think) college student in good shape and I was really just wondering if driving this car around is going to sort of give some girls a (wow) affect when they look at me and my car. Obviously the car is more of an ice-breaker than anything else, I know it's entirely up to me after the first few minutes of conversation. I've talked to a lot of people I know about the Lotus Elise and it's surprising how many guys know basically nothing about it and assume because it's a "lotus" it's super expensive. That just gives me the impression that many women would think the same thing when they see it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Keeping it on campus I would have mixed feelings about. I mean sure girls could love it there BUT I do feel that the number of haters that have no consideration for consequences and probably other people's property is considerably higher there.
I would wait till you are done with college.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't worry I definitely would not park my lotus elise on campus. Hell I can't even park a car like that anywhere near the school because it's in Portland, Oregon. That's just asking for trouble lol. I don't even have the car yet and I've found myself worrying about parking it in places I often go simply because of door dings and other factors. I'm trading in my '98 prelude for an SUV for 5-6 days a week, and only driving my lotus probably on my days off when it's sunny. Can't wait to drive my Elise to the coast..

·
Registered
693 Posts
The car is not a ice breaker but more of a deal closure. I never bring it out on a first date. Its a 2-3rd date car. If you can go that long and not talk about it, you will score bonus points when you bring it out.

Its also not much of a singles guy car unless u leave it stock. Heavily modded, I can't see many women who like the rawness. My e92 m3 fit the dating scene much better. But i buy cars for me... So sold it for the lotus.

As for you question.... It's more of a sausage magnet. Lol.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
lol @sausagemagnet.

for me.. my previous daily driver "wife beater on 4 wheels" white 1990 Mustang LX 5.0 'vert attracted more women then my Lotus. (pretty hard to beat a van full of college girls following then flashing lol)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Want to impress a girl get a BMW or Jeep. They love those vehicles. The Lotus will impress for about :30 min ride and a few times getting in and out. Once the curiosity is gone most wont like it. Unless she is a hardcore sports car person.

1 - 20 of 253 Posts