The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Avoids jail but that's still a hefty speeding ticket and his license is suspended for 2 years. I'll keep that story in my back pocket if I ever get caught doing 170 ;)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I dont think the car is even physically able to go that fast just for the fact that you dont have enough RPM in 6th gear to even get that fast. Not to mention that with the amount of power these cars have (considering its an older one if it was sold for £9,000 ), it would take FOREVER to get to those speeds.

Now heres something more interesting. The police claimed he was going 175MPH. The court then settled that he was going 105 MPH. 105 MPH = 168 KPH....maybe the explanantion was operator error.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Safest drivers on the road are the guys driving without a license. Do need an "invisible" car though. Old Camry? Focus?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Uh.. how the hell can he be nailed for doing 105 when the method of speed measurement has been proven to be inaccurate? Was the guy stupid enough to admit to it or something?

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
The problem was the method they used to clock the car. Had it been me, I would have sued the officers.
Don't think a lawsuit like that would fly very well outside of the United States.

They seriously get that bent out of shape for doing 105 mph? Half of the population in California would be banned from driving if that were true in the USA :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here in the UK, laws on the road are a lot more relaxed compared to the states. There are a lot less officers with speed guns and a lot less speed traps too. Even when you do get caught, the punishments are pathetic. It is very standard for most people to go around 85mph on the motorway (highway); anything under 80mph is slow (speed limit is 70mph).

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I think Smokey Nagata got thrown in jail for doing +200MPH in his 1200HP Supra in London. "Speak no english"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uWUslYuZ9k4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uWUslYuZ9k4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
I can only get mine up to 172 :mad::(

1 - 20 of 50 Posts