The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of any good tuners in the metro area? Willing to drive but my car needs a retune (running super rich, already troubleshot just need a tune now) so any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,855 Posts
Confused. What has been done to this car? Have you some tune in the ECU already?

If so, which?

Are you looking for a dyno?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a VF TVS supercharger Kit, but I’d rather not take the car all the way to Jermaine to have him tune it properly. It’s just a basic tune for the kit but it’s crazy rich and he won’t send me an open file so that a tuner up here can just tweak it (encrypted tune).

It can be a dyno tune or a street tune but I think it’s going to have to be from scratch rather than tweaking my current tune given the encryption

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Phil @ Boe comes to mind. :grin2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue. Took it to MWR. Seems the MAF was maxed out at high RPM. ECU just dumped fuel in to prevent detonation. Matt replaced the MAF with a Suburu STI one and used fastworks from there. Runs awesome now!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same issue. Took it to MWR. Seems the MAF was maxed out at high RPM. ECU just dumped fuel in to prevent detonation. Matt replaced the MAF with a Suburu STI one and used fastworks from there. Runs awesome now!!
This sounds interesting! I’ll definitely look into it. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
604 Posts
FYI, "Matt replaced the MAF with a Suburu STI one and used fastworks from there" ....Fastworks is Phil at BOE.
He can tune your car remotely, Phil has tuned pretty much everything.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Take it to Intermecanica Lotus In Westchester. Talk to Waldir. Tell him Josh S. sent you. He is the best lotus guy on the east coast. You will love him.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Waldir actually installed my kit. Wasn’t that happy with his work honestly. Lovely guy but I won’t be going back there

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FYI, "Matt replaced the MAF with a Suburu STI one and used fastworks from there" ....Fastworks is Phil at BOE.
He can tune your car remotely, Phil has tuned pretty much everything.
I did speak to Phil a while back, he said he wasn’t tuning vision function kits anymore but it’s worth a try. Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m aware that fastworks is Phil- MWR use to use Vision Function products. Matt now uses Phil’s products- including fastworks. He has the ability to fix this issue...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts