The Lotus Cars Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Rails Engineering has designed one that will end your search for a functional cup holder, made out of aluminum to match the interior of our cars. The opening is slightly larger than the oem one which will allows it fit many beverages of different sizes. The cup holder will mount in the same location as the oem one. Our design will eliminate having to drill and using rivets.

We will be offering a couple of options......double cup holder and single cup holder. The single cup holder is similar to the oem one with a larger opening.

Double Cup Holder with mounting hardware - $175
Single Cup Holder with mounting hardware - $150

For those with a cup holder that wants to upgrade and use their existing hardware

Double cup holder - $150
Single cup holder - $125

We are looking for minimum of 10 people for this group buy. Once the minimum is met we will start production.

You will have an option of black or red strap. The material we are using is similar to what's used in the Porsche door pulls.

Shipping will be $6 via USPS

This is our first batch so it could take up to 3 months. So please bare with us, we don't want to rush it.

We have tested the cup holder on a 8hr 500 mile drive in a 2005 Elise. These pictures are from that trip.

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
Kevin, just to make sure I got this right; I have the single OEM cup holder and I can upgrade to a double cup holder using my existing hardware? Just swapping out the "arm" that pulls out? If that is so, count me in!

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kevin, just to make sure I got this right; I have the single OEM cup holder and I can upgrade to a double cup holder using my existing hardware? Just swapping out the "arm" that pulls out? If that is so, count me in!
You will need the holder and the spacer plate. We will provide both. Installation is very simple and can be done in minutes. If you're interested shoot me a PM

·
Registered
125 Posts
Put me down for a single with red straps

·
Registered
312 Posts
It looks like this is on rails, does the holder slide in and out when needed? If so can you put up a pic of it slid in? Also it looks like your hand on the shifter will not hit

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks like this is on rails, does the holder slide in and out when needed? If so can you put up a pic of it slid in? Also it looks like your hand on the shifter will not hit
it will not come in contact with the shifter. just like the oem one this one also slides in and out so it can be put away when not in use. I will have pics of it with out any cups on friday.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Interested in single with black.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Where does this even mount onto? I dont think my 05 came with a cupholder.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
interested but how does this work? do the buyers pay ahead of time and wait 3 months?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.