The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the fed. model have any chassi re-enforcements other than the ones used for the new engine?

and does anyone what kind of re-enforcement material was used to hold down the toyota engine... 150 from extra chassi re-enforcement is a lot ... (road and track article)

·
Registered
81 Posts
the 111's that i have seen run about 1740 lbs on the seloc board ... give or take some weight for gas. The engine, gear box, twin oil coolers, a/c, abs, extra fluids and air bags add the extra weight. the final verdict isn't out on the weight at this time.
but when it does it will be heavier...just in all ther right places.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
RacingDynamcs said:
so how did the elise gain 200lb from uk version?

ac / stereo / abs is just not 200lb's...
don't forget that the actual engine is heavier than the Rover (lots of people seem to gloss over that fact):
Code:
Engine Code      From           Weight (lbs)
-----------------------------------------
Rover K Series:  Elise          189
Rover K VVTA:    Elise 111S     206 ? unofficial based on the head weight delta 
2ZZ-GE:          Celica GTS     246 (Toyota headers and intake)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
And probably the gearbox too. The PG1 used with the Rover engine only weighs about 36kg.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How about steel anti-intrusion beams in the doors? Those would be heavy. Or are the sills high/strong enough not to need them?

·
Registered
296 Posts
There is supposedly door beams. I don't think the bar itself would be too heavy maybe 4lbs a piece. How many modifications they had to do to the tub to give them hard mounting points I don't know. Is the frame already pretty strong around the door, so they wouldn't have to beef it up.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
L8BRAKR said:
There is supposedly door beams.
Yes. The Elise has always had a thick aluminium beam inside the door.

On one end it's attached to the door hinge and it's also what the outer fiberglass door 'skin' is attached to.

Bye, Arno.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts