The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used gullwing hardtop for a Lotus Elise. Top is in good condition but needs paint because it has many small bubbles. Support struts need to be replaced. This top makes getting in and out of your car much easier than with the factory hardtop. Very rare.
$1,800+Shipping

Email [email protected] or PM me
DSC_0979.JPG
DSC_0981.JPG
DSC_0982.JPG
DSC_0980.JPG
DSC_0983.JPG
DSC_0984.JPG
DSC_0985.JPG

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Definitely a rare piece. In my 6yr ownership, this might be the first one I’ve actually seen for sale. GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
could you please post some more pictures of the seal area between the T bar and the roof sections? I'm not a prospective buyer, but i am interested in learning more about the differences in fabrication between various gullwing roofs.

this one appears to have a water-diverting trough, rather than rubber-gasket seals.

also, does it have metal inserts where the roof pins enter the T section to lock down?

·
Registered
564 Posts
is it ardent red?

·
Registered
564 Posts
No discussion of price allowed.

San

Reactions: mattjk

·
Vendor
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could you please post some more pictures of the seal area between the T bar and the roof sections? I'm not a prospective buyer, but i am interested in learning more about the differences in fabrication between various gullwing roofs.

this one appears to have a water-diverting trough, rather than rubber-gasket seals.

also, does it have metal inserts where the roof pins enter the T section to lock down?
I'll get some more pictures of it

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
No discussion of price is allowed in a for sale thread unless the OP asks for it, which he didn't. Thanks.

San

·
Registered
354 Posts

Far as I know there was only one manufacturer for the Lotus Elise/Exige gullwing tops .. and they didn't make too many of them. If I had the money I'd buy this one in a heartbeat regardless of the color. Hopefully one will pop up in a couple of months when Im not broke.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had the gull wing top on my car for 8 years and really enjoy it. Yes, it takes a bit of trail-and-error at first to get all the gaskets set up properly to prevent water intrusion. And true, there's a bit more squeaking from the fiberglass joints. But entry/exit are sooo much easier, and of course there's the added wow factor (can't count the number of times people have stopped what they're doing to watch me climb in/out).

Please note: The gull wing top needs a replacement plastic transition piece where it attaches to the front windshield surround. I didn't see this item in the pictures. Here's a shot of it:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Email and PM sent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.