The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first time Lotus buyer and I have just taken receipt of my first Lotus (Y2010 Elise). I have a couple of queries. The hazard warning lights do not appear to work. The button is illuminated but when I press it nothing happens. I am based in Ireland and remote from the Lotus dealer I bought it from so thought I would ask on here if I am doing something wrong or if not is this an easy thing to get fixed by a non Lotus garage?

My second question relates to the small black button (just in case it relates to the above) that is located below the hazard warning button and opposite the traction control button. It has a white dial etched on the button. What is this button for?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
If it's the one I'm thinking of hold the button down and it will change the brightness of the dash lights. Push it quick and it clears the trip meter.

I might be off a bit though, my Elise has been sitting untouched in my driveway for several months now. I hardly remember what the inside looks like.

Not sure on the hazard lights, never had a reason to use the one on my car.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Why has it been sitting in your driveway untouched for several months? :( Not a good way to treat your lotus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks.

Its not the dash light brightness button as thats on the steering column and its not the door lock button as thats above the hazard warning light. This one is beside the traction control button and below the hazard warning button. Image below.

Any more thoughts on the ease of fixing the hazard warning lights. Relay fault potentially?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Oil cooler is leaking and haven't had time to fix it. It's better to sit outside than in the garage and get damaged in there. I left a WRX in there for a few months once and I had to replaced 2 windows and the windshield from welding sparks that melted into and ruined the glass.

Why has it been sitting in your driveway untouched for several months? :( Not a good way to treat your lotus.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
When I got mine, it had trouble. I pulled the center console and found the connector very loose, have you checked this?

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Thanks folks.

Its not the dash light brightness button as thats on the steering column and its not the door lock button as thats above the hazard warning light. This one is beside the traction control button and below the hazard warning button. Image below.

Any more thoughts on the ease of fixing the hazard warning lights. Relay fault potentially?
what is that???? Sorry - i know that is your question.

I have a 2005 where we still have to go out and light the headlamps gas fittings with matches...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts