The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elise drivers,

I am a creator of high resolution 3D CG content. I have been hired to make a model fo the Lotus Elise and am looking for an owner of an Elise so that I may capture 3D reference information from the car.

I contacted the dealerships first but they said that all of you wonderful folks pick up your cars so fast that nothing ever sits at a dealership for more than a few hours.

I would like to hear from any Elise owners that would be interested in being paid for use of their car as reference for the model.

I look forward to hearing from anyone in the Los Angeles/Southern California area interested in contacting me.

Kevin Malling
ACME Digital Content

P.S. I am enclosing a sample of my work
(310) 217-0688

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Wow, nice detail on the 300.

I don't know if it helps, but TurboSquid has a 3D model of the Elise here:
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/200583/Action/FullPreview

Some dealers still have "demo" cars they might be able to let you use for a fee. Symbolic San Diego is rumored to have an Aubergine one now.

There is/was one in Desert European Motors as of last week.

But I'm sure you're probably better off befriending someone here who has taken delivery. They might ask questions like, do you have to probe the finish with measuring tools, or just take pictures? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ground Loop.

Unfortunately the Turbo Squid models are built from photos and schematics and while they look really good, are not accurate to the way the car is actually built.

My clients (usually the manufacturers) insist on accurate 3D referenced models.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
well....possibly,but what worries me is in your words "the use of your car".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ground Loop.

Unfortunately the Turbo Squid models are built from photos and schematics and while they look really good, are not accurate to the way the car is actually built.

My clients (usually the manufacturers) insist on accurate 3D referenced models.

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pianomaniac,

Your concern is understood. If you contact me directly or allow me to do so, I would be happy to explain the process and provide references.

Kevin
(310) 217-0688

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Do you need the Lotus Sports Pack wheels or the regular? Do you want the Lotus Stage II exhaust or the regular?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts