The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up guys i'm new to this site, and i was woundering where can i get a k20 kit for my lotus elise 2005, thanks in adv. guys

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
hey whats up guys i'm new to this site, and i was woundering where can i get a k20 kit for my lotus elise 2005, thanks in adv. guys
uhhh.

If you've got a Rover engine Elise, there is a kit... don't know where.

If you've got a Federal or 111R Elise, you've got alot of reading to do.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uhhh.

If you've got a Rover engine Elise, there is a kit... don't know where.

If you've got a Federal or 111R Elise, you've got alot of reading to do.
rover??? the engine in my lotus is the gts celica 1.8 i wanted to put a k20 in their

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
rover??? the engine in my lotus is the gts celica 1.8 i wanted to put a k20 in their
As stated above, you're going to want to do a search on this site and read up. A lot of information out there, not completely positive.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A diy or non diy kit for the s2 does not exist. Sorry for the bad news. "dstevens" did one as a one off with help from Joe M.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rotfl

READ, then READ more.. then do it yourself. There is NO k20 swap kit currently available for the Federal Elise.
i'm just askin, i just did the 1st all wheel drive skyline engine in a g35 in the stats, i think i can put a k20 in a lotus my friend

·
Registered
135 Posts
i'm just askin, i just did the 1st all wheel drive skyline engine in a g35 in the stats, i think i can put a k20 in a lotus my friend
Well I am sure there was no kit for that conversion you did on the G so you shouldn't have a problem then with your skill level to put a K20 into your Elise even without a kit.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...most S2 111 owners will tell you that the performance benefits aren't worth the costs of a properly-executed k20 swap; that for a lot less money, time, and effort, the stock 2ZZ-GE can be modified to perform more-or-less at parity...

...that said, it has been done, and said k20 owner(s) love the change, but it will be an expensive and epic ordeal to complete - there are significantly more failed k20 swaps on this forum than successfully completed projects...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Den why ya aksin fer a kit.

Good luck, pls keep us all posted on your progress.

·
Registered
385 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts