The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some research and found a few things tried them but no luck, i tried the key lock horizontal and nothing, my battery was charged and even put a jump pack on it and nothing.

All happened when i let my friend try and show the car to his dad i wasnt around (car was at his house) he had to google how to start it dont know why he didnt just ask me, anyway the car had sign of dead battery bc just made clicking noise when trying to start, so i think my friend hit the lock button and locked car and now i cant get in the car the door lock pin doesnt even move when hitting the unlock/ lock button on key fob

my conclusion is the the cdl module went bad but even if that, thats located inside the car how to you get inside the car?

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Hate it when people say this, but search the site

Sorry if answers are slim on a holiday week

the CDL system is not connected to the mechanical key locks

·
Registered
281 Posts
Have you tested your battery? If you have full charge on a tested battery then I would suspect that your fob needs resyncing to the cdl. It happened to me once and took forever to get it resynced with know good battery in car and fob.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hate it when people say this, but search the site

Sorry if answers are slim on a holiday week

the CDL system is not connected to the mechanical key locks
Yeah i did research like a lot of it and no good answer, but thank you for responding, I need to get in my car (which I did by using a zip tie through the window and hooking it on the door pin, then I pulled it up with a lot of force)

Why dont my door locks work then? If its not the CDL module located behind the dash, heard that controls the power locks and the door mechanisms what could it be.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tested your battery? If you have full charge on a tested battery then I would suspect that your fob needs resyncing to the cdl. It happened to me once and took forever to get it resynced with know good battery in car and fob.
Yeah my battery is good but it is old I should replace it anyway but its fully charged, I re-synced the fob 30 times with a new battery in the key fob that didnt make the door locks move up. I just needed to get in my car so I can start it and move it off my friends garage.

I got in my car by using a zip tie on the door pin (took me forever and scratched some paint) got in car and started it, rolled window down and tested the locks with key fob, Even with lock button on center console, car just locks where the door pin moves down but does not unlock where pin moves up. Makes an attempt to move up but stays locked can hear the door actuators making noises.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
If its similar to the Evora door pins, loosening the pin by slightly unscrewing helped some owners with the pin binding and not unlocking......

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If its similar to the Evora door pins, loosening the pin by slightly unscrewing helped some owners with the pin binding and not unlocking......
I feel like there is some relay that is blown or an electrical issue now could be my switch pack, haven't figured it out just yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts