Discussion Starter #1
KQED TV Channel 9
Upcoming
Lotus Elise (#2337)
Sat, May 15, 2004 -- 6:30am
Duration: 26:46 CC STEREO TVG
Road Test - The small but powerful 2004 Lotus Elise Sports Car;
* Road Test - The summer fun 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible;
* For a Cleaner America Series - Is Natural Gas a Reliable Alternative Fuel? (Special Segment);
* Long-Term Road Test Update - Pontiac Grand Prix and Ford F-150

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
it's just motorweek... also on speed channel

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Johnny B said:
Someone needs to save the Motorweek review and host it.

(please)
I'm on it! It should be posted here on EliseTalk by lunchtime Saturday.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
As long as the host doesn't have a huge belly, a primary-colored outfit, and starts with "Welcome to KQED, we're glad to have you with us..."

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
The video's uploading now...hang tight, links will be posted in a few minutes...

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
The link to the videos can be found inside this thread over in the 'articles and review' section of this message board.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
thanks much, matt. at least john davis is wearing the right colors. but damn does he have to get fingerprints all over that esprit?

"shifter while improved over the first elise is still vague and notchy"

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
that was a stupid review. they didn't push the car or test braking, 0-60, quarter mile, or mpg. They didn't show the orange one, and barely showed kermit. They just lightly revved the engine and that was it. Retarded, at least they showed the silver, storm, green, tiny bit of yellow. I was dissappointed. No new info or real third party test results. Even if they did, they had the softy red one with touring. Now i have to wait until R&T or whoever comes out with their review. Next month? God only knows.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Matt - Appreciate the resources & the effort.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
shay,
I don't know what you guys expected! The motorweek segment was done the week of the press launch, they had 9 million other journalists there at the same time, no way would they be able to get the car for an in depth road test, only people that did were Automobile who had the car all day on that Friday.

Motorweek is a broad based general car show, certainly can't expect them to do exhaustive tests on this car which is going to have a tiny market here.

The fact that it was another in the growing pile of very positive reviews and they did show the car on the track was great to see.

Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts