I was hoping to finish my OEM MP45 Eaton supercharger kit installation, I bougt the kit as an unfinished project from a french Lotuzz driver.
I also ran into an oldskool Adaptronic ECU from Simply Sportscars. From a german Lotus brother. For a sweet price. So no need for a LOTUS T4 ECU or remapping my R (federal 2006) ECU. But found out that SSC has killed their Forum. Lots of angry RX7 and RX8 drivers that have a Mazda/Miata version of the same thing on their machines.
I went to the dyno and the tuner, not being to happy working on a discontinued ECU and was recommended to me for he has tuned the 2ZZGE engine for them Celica GTS owners.
He didn't get the information he needed to finish the tuning. Sensor upgrade time.
- I ordered an AEM kit with the Bosch LSU 4.9 Lambda sensor. Figured it out, installing will be slow but successfull in the end. And I understand now that a narrowband is just not adequate for my tuning dreams.
- I replaced the Denso MAF sensor with an oem Toyota one just to rule out it is not functioning with my baby strapped in on the dyno (again)
Here comes my point: the tuner insists on an (external) MAP sensor
for "measuring vacuum values behind the Supercharger, on the inlet manifold". It drives me crazy, I cannot find any information on this sensor, Toyota crowd states that no MAP sensor is used on the 2ZZGE. I cannot even identify the part other than MWR selling a replacement TMAP sensor: Lotus OEM T MAP Sensor - Exige, 2-eleven
. My shout out for the wizards here:
- Is the TMAP sensor installed somewhere (and where?? I cannot find it) and what can be the cause of it not delivering data to the ECU?
- If not: where to install an external MAP sensor, tuner sends me one to install, do I am preparing the surgery table here
- Or: inside the Adaptronic Select, there is a small tube that the tuner showed me to connect silicon hose on to feed the ECU, that should/could have an internal Map sensor (up to 4 bar): how to hook this up? I will drill a hole the ECU if needed, but rather not.
And: if there are no map sensors on the outside of my Adaptronic Select (I am missing those things as seen in the picture below, an m1200 Adaptronic)
- No instructions on the supercharger kit installation manual,
- no MAP sensor threads (exept for the K-series engine and 340R)
how would this value be fed to any ECU to deliver the promised 220 horsies?
BTW: the Adaptronic came with an extra loom and I identified the wires that say MAP value and MAP temperature value;
Thanks a bunch, hope someone here
can make me stop crawling the interweb at night to figure it out,
greetings from Amsterdam