The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have finally gotten the chance to detail this Starlight black Elise and it sure needs it. Unfortunately, the owner seemed to have never cleaned the wheels after powerdercoating. The beautiful aluminum tub had fresh motor oil spills behind the seats, dirt was everywhere, and the paint was extremely dry. On top of this, this vehicle is supposed to be in a magazine soon, and pictures will be taken this Sunday at a car show. I am in the process of working on it, and final pics will probably not be until tomorrow, but here are the previews. After three hours of clay barring the surface to remove paint contamination, the correction steps for this car have been rotary, HTEC and wool leveling pad followed by Menzerna SIP via rotary and green edge pad followed by the PC and 106FF. Please enjoy the pics, if you can :nervous2:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hello everyone. I have finally gotten the chance to detail this Starlight black Elise and it sure needs it. Unfortunately, the owner seemed to have never cleaned the wheels after powerdercoating. The beautiful aluminum tub had fresh motor oil spills behind the seats, dirt was everywhere, and the paint was extremely dry. On top of this, this vehicle is supposed to be in a magazine soon, and pictures will be taken this Sunday at a car show. I am in the process of working on it, and final pics will probably not be until tomorrow, but here are the previews. After three hours of clay barring the surface to remove paint contamination, the correction steps for this car have been rotary, HTEC and wool leveling pad followed by Menzerna SIP via rotary and green edge pad followed by the PC and 106FF. Please enjoy the pics, if you can :nervous2:
HOLY CRAP!! What the hell is wrong with your car???? :eek: Did you get this at a junkyard or something?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
HOLY CRAP!! What the hell is wrong with your car???? :eek: Did you get this at a junkyard or something?
Iwantanelise details cars and does a great job. Check out his other posts.

This car looks pretty bad, but I'm sure the owner had a good time getting it this way. :nanner:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
It was found in a barn in Portugal !!! :crazyeyes

·
Registered
182 Posts
This vehicle has been well used.

Never has my Elise achieved this exalted state!

I cannot bear to see my cars filthy.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...you have one day to perform a full-out restoration detail from that starting state?..may the gods rally behind your efforts, my friend - i hope your fee is as herculean as the task before you...

...how many miles are on that car?..

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
My car might look like that too. I'm not sure. Storm Titanum hides a lot of dirt.

xtn

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I never notice how dirty my car is until I clean it. The trick is to never clean it, and then you will never notice.

·
Banned
874 Posts
I think it needs that 55 hour car detail ne plus ultra:p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts