The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
" This weekend, Lotus will unwrap the Elise S Cup R at the Autosport in Birmingham, UK.

The carmaker's latest track toy comes with a 1.8-liter supercharged four pot and weighs in at just 924 kg. An unspecified power output is sent to 16/17 inch alloys via a six-speed manual, while the Elise S Cup R also boasts a sports-tuned suspension, high-performance brakes, a “triple-pass” radiator, and body upgrades such as an updated front splitter, rear diffuser, floor extensions and rear wing.
Over a 2.2-mile lap, the Cup R is said to be four seconds quicker than the regular Elise S. The cabin features a FIA-compliant roll cage, a HANS-compatible racing seat, quick-release steering wheel and an optional race-spec passenger seat with four-point harness.

Priced at £39,125, the Lotus Elise S Cup R can be used at this year's Lotus Cup racing series. "

Carbuzz.

Attachments

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
mean and cute. All at the same time.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Nice way to go. Available stateside?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Honey I want one of these! I know your lurking!

·
Registered
280 Posts
:drool: :drool: :drool:

:clap::clap::clap:

:shift:

·
Back to the Future, again
6,205 Posts
Gotta love it...

Speaking to Autocar, Lotus Motorsport's Rupert Manwaring said: "A lot of the emerging countries need an economical, simple to run race car."
Yep, just what an emerging country needs... not better economic development, not better infrastructure, not better geopolitical stability, but yep, they sure need an economical simple to run race car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
For all those in the bay area, I just saw this comment posted on Facebook: "That is exactly the color of the Elise Cup R we ordered at Boardwalk Lotus. Can't wait to see it! Carl mentioned that the US gets the first builds.”"

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
is it my computer or are those pictures blurry/low res when you enlarge them?

you can thank DOT/NHTSA for that.
But, but, but....they're doing it for our safety.

Frankly, I wish they'd leave safety decisions up to the folks who have skin in the game. Seems this government has forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
But, but, but....they're doing it for our safety.

Frankly, I wish they'd leave safety decisions up to the folks who have skin in the game. Seems this government has forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around.
+1
we're grown-ass folks. we can make decisions for ourselves.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts