The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I come from switzerland and want to build me a fast tracktoy.
I saw many conversations with a Lotus Elise s1 or 2 with Exigebodies and Hondaengines.

Which Honda conversation kit can you recommend?
Is it correct that i can achieve about 300whp and 214torque with a build NA engine? (I dont like superchargers) I founds some Sites with Engines and Parts in the USA.

Is it correct that i can convert the std, 6 speed Honda gearbox with the Quaife 5 Speed sequential gearkit? :eek:

Also which specs you have in your hondaengines?

Thx a lot for help :) (I hope you understand my english :shrug:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys

I come from switzerland and want to build me a fast tracktoy.
I saw many conversations with a Lotus Elise s1 or 2 with Exigebodies and Hondaengines.

Which Honda conversation kit can you recommend?
Is it correct that i can achieve about 300whp and 214torque with a build NA engine? (I dont like superchargers) I founds some Sites with Engines and Parts in the USA.

Is it correct that i can convert the std, 6 speed Honda gearbox with the Quaife 5 Speed sequential gearkit? :eek:

Also which specs you have in your hondaengines?

Thx a lot for help :) (I hope you understand my english :shrug:)
Your English is quite understandable, as is your desire to put K20 into S1 or 2

Gearbox is easy: Quaife Honda Civic 5-Speed Sequential Gearkit - Quaife Engineering about 4,000 sterling.

K20 engines you want (I am not a Japanese engine expert, so bear with me) is JDM (Japanese Domestic Market or Euro spec - easy for you) from their R Types. K-series engine specs - K-Series
If absolute power is your goal, there was 240 HP from an RDX 2.3 litre available. If you want the revs, the 2.0 iVtech engines start around 220HP stock.

I would not look to this side of the ocean, but concentrate on the UK. There are several K20 swap kits available there, and a LOT of support for engine as well as the cars. Not sure if 300HP at the flywheel is realistic from the 2.0 litre without spending a PILE of money, but it is at least technically possible.

As much as this site is a fantastic resource, you might want to check in as well on seloc.org where the tech page has an engine swap forum for Elise. SELOC Forums

Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts