The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I purchased some side scoops for my 05 Elise a few weeks back and the seller never delivered. There is a "16 day" shipping time listed because they're supposed to be custom painted. I was fine with that.

After weeks with no word, I finally contacted the seller "ChuckSupra2003" and got some lame story about having to move suddenly and his new shop wasn't ready. I was nice and let it go but asked for an update again in a few days but never heard back. Surprise right?

After all this time passed, any chance of a refund from eBay has passed and the guy won't respond at all. I guess that's almost $500 out the window. I just wanted to share this so no one else had to deal with the same bs.

Seller: chucksupra2003 on eBay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, sadly I tried the eBay resolution center and just got the "it's been more than 30 days so no refund.. just work it out with the seller" reply. No contact back from the seller at all so I'm kind of dead in the water.

I'm pretty laid back most of the time so wasn't too concerned at first but next time I'll make sure to file a dispute early if I don't get what I paid for.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
I typically put all transactions of that type on a major credit card because you can almost always file a chargeback through the card company and skip dealing with the PayPal Nazi's, eBay and the seller all together.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Have people start contacting him expressing concern that he is reported as not delivering.
If that doesn't work, srart posting on the web, even ebay about him.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey, I'm right there with ya buddy!

I bought a set of scoops and hardware from Chuck on April 10th (that's 73 days ago...). He told me about the unexpected move, I said that was fine and I was in no rush. I checked in a month later, he said everything would be up and running the second week of June and the scoops would ship a week after that. That's now.

I've sent a bunch of messages on eBay (my only way to contact him), no response since mid May.

Can't submit a claim through eBay cause it's been so long, same story with PayPal. Currently just out $445.

I hope everything is alright with the dude - but seriously, this isn't cool.

No joke - I just logged on to LotusTalk just now to post the exact same thread, wondering if anybody knew him personally and knew what the story was.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Keep an eye out for him selling additional parts. Then at least you know he is active.
He set the items available on the scoops to 0, so he's not taking new orders. He only has two other items, that have been on there for many many months. Looking at his feedback on eBay, he's bought a few things in the past month.

Looks like he last logged on to LotusTalk on June 9th (user name chuck_risen on here)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
He set the items available on the scoops to 0, so he's not taking new orders. He only has two other items, that have been on there for many many months. Looking at his feedback on eBay, he's bought a few things in the past month.

Looks like he last logged on to LotusTalk on June 9th (user name chuck_risen on here)
Hello Everyone,

As I have tried to explain I am in the process of moving. I am not only moving a household of 2 people and 2 cats as well as 4 cars (and was trying to do work on 3 other cars all simultaneously) but also a business and shop and had very little notice. The move has not gone smoothly and this is my first opportunity to even check email and as I write this I don't even have a chair to sit in. We are almost finished moving. I apologize for the delay. I have not forgotten about any of you and the orders you have placed, and I will complete them as soon as possible. It is taking some time to get everything moved over 400 miles away. I took down the e-bay auctions immediately when I found out I had to move so there wouldn't be more than a few people waiting. I was able to mold one set of scoops, but it's going to take me time to re-set up my paint booth once we're finished moving. I appreciate your continued patience. This move has taken more time and money than originally anticipated, but the shop will be back up and running as soon as humanly possible. Again, I apologize. We don't yet have the internet set up there, and smart phones are difficult to connect as we are moving to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Everything will be re-connected as soon as possible. Please continue to bear with me. I want nothing more than to have everything caught up so that I can take a breath. This whole thing has been incredibly stressful for my fiance and myself, who just graduated from college and is trying to pass the board exams. She studies while I drive the truck--it is literally insane. I never seem to have shower supplies and a tooth brush at the same state that I am in at the same time anymore. I drove 425 miles yesterday alone and got in at midnight and that was after spending all day unloading a 20 foot truck. I used my engine hoist to hold the mattress up in the air so that I could stuff boxes in because I was too wiped out to lift it myself. We slept on the floor again last night but a local Lotus owner was kind enough to let us borrow a 4" foam pad to sleep on. There are probably a dozen pictures of my SY Elise being dragged by a u-haul in the middle of nowhere so if you come across it let me know as there were people snapping pics like crazy and one lady almost ran into me taking a pic on the interstate in a construction zone. I hit a deer with the truck but only dented the bumper but it still scared the crap out of me as I was fully loaded and had a car on the carrier. I could keep going but I think you get the idea. Once again, I am really very sorry and will get everything out as soon as possible.

I am not going anywhere and will not be doing anything but finishing up the move and finishing up the current orders. Once I have everything caught up I will then be putting my auctions back up and will be actually launching some new products but not until I am ready to produce them. A few people in the Chicago area know what I have been going through and understand but they can see the chaos and I understand that none of you can. I actually will have double the shop space I had before and will be adding some new equipment so everything will be a lot easier and better after the move.

Thank you,

Chuck

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
I am glad that this didn't immediately descend into a dog pile. Sounds like Chuck is on the up and up, just have a difficult go for a bit. My previous internet haunt, M3Forum, would have dispatched the mob with torches and pitchforks about 3.56ms after the initial posting...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Chuck has been around here for a long time, look at some of his threads. I've read lots and lots about his work, and it's always been top of the line. Bad stuff happens to good people, stay nice, and be patient.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Chuck is a good dude - you will get your items eventually - good news!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts