The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I wanted to share a project I have been working on this week. My seats have been in rough shape for the last 5 years of ownership and have been wanting to buy someone's good condition seats but just could not justify the cost. So after some generous donations of seat booster material from @Tumtatty and buying some tartan fabric, I decided to tackle this Project myself to save some serious coin. So after weeding through several shops I was able to find a local father and son upholstery Shop to sew the seat fabric to OEM spec but slightly modified. So overall it was a challenging project but very rewarding.

I was thinking about putting together upholstery kits for seat inserts and door card inserts so if anyone is interested, please pm me. Thanks, enjoy!

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,240 Posts
Wow! That is very unique but very cool! Also very British looking but I think Scottish in origin. I love it! Like all modifications that are unique and make the owner happy, this is AWESOME! :love:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
This is definitely a one-of-a-kind interior...reminds me of a buddy's GTI.

Nice work!
Thank you,
It's actually a replica of the GTI interior. I think it comes in Like 6 colors!

Reactions: goelise

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Well done!

Reactions: Crazy05

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well done, and of course very Bond, James Bond. I like that you didn't go with a wood shift handle with all that beautiful aluminum.
Thank You, yeah I absolutely love all. the aluminum... that's also why I picked up the sport door cards because it also looks aluminum and just brightened up the interior. I can tell a huge difference In the seats holding me in place, no more sliding around!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! That is very unique but very cool! Also very British looking but I think Scottish in origin. I love it! Like all modifications that are unique and make the owner happy, this is AWESOME! :love:
That's Why I love it soo much... I do have scottish heritage (Matheson) and Loved that I could incorporate that but also have something unique. I am a big fan of Singer and Magnus walker Porsches and how they use tartan fabric interiors.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fantastic work bro! I'm so glad you contacted me about the bolsters.
Thank you, me too! You are awesome For sending them over, especially taking care of the shipping. 👍Here are some more pictures for reference, thought some might be interested in how the seats look underneath. Everything Is basically glued on.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I didn't think I would like it but seeing it done for Ardent Red ...I like it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Love the original poster's plaid project. I had my Elise seats and door cards reupholstered in plaid last year. I bought the plaid fabric from scotlandshop.com They recommended the Polyviscose fabric for auto interiors since it holds up well and is easily cleaned. Here's a photo:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts