The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Love the original poster's plaid project. I had my Elise seats and door cards reupholstered in plaid last year. I bought the plaid fabric from scotlandshop.com They recommended the Polyviscose fabric for auto interiors since it holds up well and is easily cleaned. Here's a photo:
View attachment 1287668
Absolutely love that interior!!! 馃ぉ
Glad to be a part of the tartan/plaid crew now!
I also looked into scotland shop ages ago but didn't Find any patterns that complimented chrome orange.

Registered
Love the original poster's plaid project. I had my Elise seats and door cards reupholstered in plaid last year. I bought the plaid fabric from scotlandshop.com They recommended the Polyviscose fabric for auto interiors since it holds up well and is easily cleaned. Here's a photo:
View attachment 1287668
Just saw your car list, that's nice, still have them all? I could use that for half of my favorite cars list. Admittedly I'm not crazy about BMW 's, not that they're bad, just as a mechanic I think they're not as reliable as people think.
OP. Great look. I thought the fabric looked like it wouldn't fit when I saw it alone, but it look's great together, as do all the plaid picks afterwards, so obviously my original thought was wholly wrong.

Registered
Just saw your car list, that's nice, still have them all? I could use that for half of my favorite cars list. Admittedly I'm not crazy about BMW 's, not that they're bad, just as a mechanic I think they're not as reliable as people think.
OP. Great look. I thought the fabric looked like it wouldn't fit when I saw it alone, but it look's great together, as do all the plaid picks afterwards, so obviously my original thought was wholly wrong.
I still have them all except for the Elise. I do agree with you on the E36 M3 but it was more of a nostalgia buy for me since they came out the year I graduated high school. I ended up buying a high mileage one that had most of the reliability issues addressed.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts