The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the lotus elise drive by wire??? or is it cable driven throttle body???

also does it have a factory security system???

also does any know if the ecu will plug and play in a 2004 toyota celica gts???

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...2005 cars have mechanical throttle cables; 2006 and newer are drive-by-wire...

...all cars have a built-in cobra alarm system with door, boot, and bonnet switches, adjustable cabin microwave sensors, and automatic kill timers...

...i doubt the ECU is plug-and-play compatible with toyota instrument clusters, as it's a custom lotus unit, but i've never heard of anyone trying it out to see...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...2005 cars have mechanical throttle cables; 2006 and newer are drive-by-wire...

...all cars have a built-in cobra alarm system with door, boot, and bonnet switches, adjustable cabin microwave sensors, and automatic kill timers...

...i doubt the ECU is plug-and-play compatible with toyota instrument clusters, as it's a custom lotus unit, but i've never heard of anyone trying it out to see...
wow good to know...thanks....

does the lotus have and chip in the key like the nissans, etc or have something like a immobilizer system like hondas, acuras, etc??? i wanna try an put a lotus ecu in my car...not to sure if the cam is the same though.... still need to do more research....

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Your factory GT-S ECU will probably respond better to modifications than the Lotus ECU :p

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
wow good to know...thanks....

does the lotus have and chip in the key like the nissans, etc or have something like a immobilizer system like hondas, acuras, etc??? i wanna try an put a lotus ecu in my car...not to sure if the cam is the same though.... still need to do more research....
No there isn't a chip in the key - you need to press a button on the fob to disable the immobiliser is entirely separate from the ECU (look up threads by The Viper - lots of info on the alarm/immobiliser system).

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...the only reason the elise ECU makes more power is because it revs higher than celica, but the tradeoff is that it's a learning ECU, which means any potential gains from your cold air intake, aftermarket exhausts, or any other bolt-on tuning bits will go away as soon as the ECU has an opportunity to learn and adapt to their effects...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Holy SEARCH mode !

·
Registered
9,319 Posts
This thread is far better than "I bought a Lotus ECU and I don't know why it isn't doing what I thought it would in my Celica."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts