The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20’ Evora GT Olive green (Carbon Pack)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Florida and I used to own a 16’ Mercedes AMG GT that had 500 Hp.
I friend had the same car and decided to tune it with a company called RENNtech.
I was blown away that his car had been tuned to 600Hp and more Torque, You could really feel the Power.
I did my Homework and realized they were leaders in AMG Tuning, to my surprise the headquarters were in Stuart Fl.
I drove up and decided to investigate. It was not a shop but a whole building, met the owner (who worked with AMG and still had ties to the company) also found out that many MB dealers had the brand available to customers.
My desicion to finally go ahead and do it was when I saw a $10,000,000 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR in service at their Quarters.
It was one of the Best things I did, The GT was another animal.
I remember the owner telling me he could tune any AMG engine no matter what car it was.
So, It got me thinking…. The AMG engine from the Emira comes from The Mercedes A45 S and it produces 421 HP, it was detuned for the Emira to produce 361 HP.
RENNtech could easily tune that engine to 500+,
I have no doubt it can be done.
Of course, there is the problem with The warranty, etc.
Just writing my thoughts about what can be done for all those buying The 4 Cyl Emira,
If I was on the list to get one… No doubt at all I would tune it with RENNtech.
Look up the website if you are interested.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
Lotus encrypts their ECU. That's why you see only a small handful of shops that can crack the code and get in for a proper tune without resorting to a standalone ECU. Highly doubtful Renntech has started working on the encryption since there are no cars out yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lotus encrypts their ECU. That's why you see only a small handful of shops that can crack the code and get in for a proper tune without resorting to a standalone ECU. Highly doubtful Renntech has started working on the encryption since there are no cars out yet.
REENtec has also worked on other Brands. I believe they could do it… but yes, like anything else.. You can’t work on anything that is not in the maket yet

·
Registered
367 Posts
I’ve passed by Renntech, never stopped in. They’re right off the freeway and they do look like they have a nice shop. I’ve heard good things about them and I’ve seen a couple of their tuned cars at the track.

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
With the GT there were only a handful that could crack the encryption and really half that offering tuning options for the EvoraGT. If they don't already have a handle on Lotus encryption I don't see it happening for years. Because it took years for the top three to even start to offer non stand alone tunes. Wishful thinking looking from the outside in.

Reactions: brgelise

·
Registered
367 Posts
With the GT there were only a handful that could crack the encryption and really half that offering tuning options for the EvoraGT. If they don't already have a handle on Lotus encryption I don't see it happening for years. Because it took years for the top three to even start to offer non stand alone tunes. Wishful thinking looking from the outside in.
I know what I went through to get my GT tuned. And I still need to put some time on track to see some long term results.
it’s frustrating that it’s so difficult. I’m sure it has to do with such a limited market. Maybe the Emira will add up the numbers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Florida and I used to own a 16’ Mercedes AMG GT that had 500 Hp.
I friend had the same car and decided to tune it with a company called RENNtech.
I was blown away that his car had been tuned to 600Hp and more Torque, You could really feel the Power.
I did my Homework and realized they were leaders in AMG Tuning, to my surprise the headquarters were in Stuart Fl.
I drove up and decided to investigate. It was not a shop but a whole building, met the owner (who worked with AMG and still had ties to the company) also found out that many MB dealers had the brand available to customers.
My desicion to finally go ahead and do it was when I saw a $10,000,000 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR in service at their Quarters.
It was one of the Best things I did, The GT was another animal.
I remember the owner telling me he could tune any AMG engine no matter what car it was.
So, It got me thinking…. The AMG engine from the Emira comes from The Mercedes A45 S and it produces 421 HP, it was detuned for the Emira to produce 361 HP.
RENNtech could easily tune that engine to 500+,
I have no doubt it can be done.
Of course, there is the problem with The warranty, etc.
Just writing my thoughts about what can be done for all those buying The 4 Cyl Emira,
If I was on the list to get one… No doubt at all I would tune it with RENNtech.
Look up the website if you are interested.
Thanks.
good info

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Exige
454 Posts
Now that I have gone with a stand alone ECU I don’t see my self ever going back. Way more functionality. If you have a good tuner they can tune your car. The problem with the Lotus market is it’s so small, their is not much insensitive to hassle with it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Now that I have gone with a stand alone ECU I don’t see my self ever going back. Way more functionality. If you have a good tuner they can tune your car. The problem with the Lotus market is it’s so small, their is not much insensitive to hassle with it.
Agreed

Luigi at Olympic Motorsports knows these cars and can tune earlier years. Luigi owns a ‘21 GT and has an Emira on order. I don’t know what engine he chose. He has tuned his ‘21 GT to 430whp. That’s using the stock ECU.

Luigi is handling the sorting of the GTN. That car has Motec and he has it for 102 octane race fuel. That should come off the dyno this weekend Waiting for the HP, TQ numbers.

If your in South Florida or If anyone is interested in his service pm me and I’ll send you his contact info. He is definitely capable of working on all aspects of Lotus cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed

Luigi at Olympic Motorsports knows these cars and can tune earlier years. Luigi owns a ‘21 GT and has an Emira on order. I don’t know what engine he chose. He has tuned his ‘21 GT to 430whp. That’s using the stock ECU.

Luigi is handling the sorting of the GTN. That car has Motec and he has it for 102 octane race fuel. That should come off the dyno this weekend Waiting for the HP, TQ numbers.

If your in South Florida or If anyone is interested in his service pm me and I’ll send you his contact info. He is definitely capable of working on all aspects of Lotus cars.
Sounds interesting. I’ll PM you. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Agreed

Agreed

I have not posted a lot. Need to have at least 10 to PM you. I’ll do it ASAP.

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
Reactions: 06LE

·
Registered
367 Posts
Another thing you will have to consider is most mods like CAI and tunes will void your warranty. Already happened with one member who installed a CAI on his GT.

Warranty Voided From Lotus Reps On The Forum!
Yes, I ran into that more or less when the dealer swapped my ecu. They‘d never done it and had to ask for help. Lotus wanted to know ”what was really going on.” I haven’t tested it to see if I’m denied. I’m sure I’m flagged. I would still expect all other warrantable things to be covered though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts