The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW

From April, 2008 Automotive Engineering

Lotus and Continental's powertrain division have designed and installed a down-sized three cylinder gasoline engine displacing 1.5L with turbocharging in an Opel Astra (replacing the vehicle's 1.8L four cylinder). Despite significant increases in power, torque, and performance, the managed to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 15% with the potential to reduce it further via low rolling resistance tires. 158 hp at 5000 rpm. Maximum torque 177 ft-lbs from 2500-4000 rpm. Total mass of the engine is cut by 20%. part count is reduced by 35%, and durability is improved. The engine is production ready.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top