The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering this car if i cannot wait for the elise.

Is the espirit safe? reliable? good handling? fun? anything bad about it i should know?

Thx!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
The Elise and Esprit are very different cars, there's really no comparison. The Esprit is a very old design, though it's been updated continuously. I hear the ergonomics are really poor, but have not sat in one myself. Performance can be very good in the newer ones, even with the turbocharged four cylidner (a turbo V8 was offered in its final years here). If you go shopping for an Esprit, I recommend you also check out the Acura NSX; it's pretty comparable and very reliable.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i'm still sticking to the elise. But if they cannot deliver the car by next summer i'm going to have to search for an alternative.

Nsx is a nice car but for some reason i dont want a japanese car anymore. I'v herd many good things about the NSX's and think they look decent in stock form. But would never consider buying it.

I love the toyota mr2's(all yrs) and rx7 FD's but those cars my friends have and i dont want to get what they already have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts