The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Where in this article does it say the car is axed? There is no comment from a DRB Hicom person, or even an anonymous attribution. It says "backpedaling." Well, they've been doing that since they ousted Dany.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I've heard from multiple sources that the Esprit has been halted, but not axed completely. I'm not a believer yet, until DRB makes a statement.

·
Less is Better
2,631 Posts
Where in this article does it say the car is axed? There is no comment from a DRB Hicom person, or even an anonymous attribution. It says "backpedaling." Well, they've been doing that since they ousted Dany.
"After corporate takeovers and a sack CEO, Lotus is on the rocks and is now officially canceling production of the Esprit."

·
Registered
80 Posts
personally i'm glad, only because the prototype didn't look at all like an esprit.
when they come out with design that looks like a modern esprit, i'll cheer the car. the company is no position put out such a car anyway, much less follow bahars hallucinations. let's hope they continue the elige until their feet is on solid ground.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
personally i'm glad, only because the prototype didn't look at all like an esprit.
when they come out with design that looks like a modern esprit, i'll cheer the car. the company is no position put out such a car anyway, much less follow bahars hallucinations. let's hope they continue the elige until their feet is on solid ground.
It sucks for me now I have to pull my Esprit t-shirt designs off the web :p the problem i see is how are you going back to the exige/Elise when you called it final Edition? big mistake in their part without securing the future...

P.S. Contrary to popular believe I think Bahar had good intensions and ideas but terrible execution!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
P.S. Contrary to popular believe I think Bahar had good intensions and ideas but terrible execution!!
You dont know what your talking about. bahr didnt do a single thing to help lotus. He flushed it down the toliet. Lotus will be lucky to survive at all. Good intentions? WTF!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It sucks for me now I have to pull my Esprit t-shirt designs off the web :p the problem i see is how are you going back to the exige/Elise when you called it final Edition? big mistake in their part without securing the future...

I would love for them to take the opportunity to bring the Europa S over!!! I think they market for it would be much larger than for the Elige.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
The Europa is ****.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
You dont know what your talking about. bahr didnt do a single thing to help lotus. He flushed it down the toliet. Lotus will be lucky to survive at all. Good intentions? WTF!!!
So in your eyes Bahar is the reason why lotus will cease to exist? I think Lotus was dead just right after Roger Moore made the last 007 movie!! but the bureaucracy is so great at lotus they are still doing the paperwork...

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Lotus is toast in the US, how much is a franchise fee to sell one model ?
They won't have the muscle to pump cars in the US, maybe Europe and Asia but not the US. dun..,ta dun, done!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Read to the end

At the end of the article it says this:

UPDATE: Seems we spoke too soon, original source Autoguide has been informed by Lotus that the Esprit is indeed still being developed.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
good. because lotus without Esprit is not lotus. would have been the biggest injustice to cancel that car especially since they're already so far along (supposedly).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts