Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Cross reference LOTUS V8 MAP SENSOR 2 BAR GM PN#16009886
If you want to boost more and in need of 3 BAR MAP SENSOR GM PN# 16040749

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Cross reference LOTUS V8 MAP SENSOR 2 BAR GM PN#16009886
If you want to boost more and in need of 3 BAR MAP SENSOR GM PN# 16040749
You can't just put a 3 Bar MAP sensor in the Esprit V8 (or the 4cyl Esprits either for that matter)! it won't work! You'd need to completely re-write the maps for the ECU, or replace the ECU with something else that has tables for a 3 Bar MAP sensor.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bonnet Support Strut

The strut for the bonnet had weakened to the point it would no longer hold open. I replaced it today with a Mighty Lift D95774 from Autozone. It's an exact fit, and it's only 15 bucks.

Just sharing another cross-reference for folks who need it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Been searching but maybe someone here knows...
Parts cross reference for the header tank pressure cap on a V8. I know the header tank is from a Peugeot 205. Just looking for a confirmed part number. Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Been searching but maybe someone here knows...
Parts cross reference for the header tank pressure cap on a V8. I know the header tank is from a Peugeot 205. Just looking for a confirmed part number. Thanks
I'm not sure how anal you are about an exact original part match but radiator caps of this vintage are kind of a standard part across all cars. The only thing you have to match is the release pressure.

I believe the original is 1.4 bar which is roughly 20 psi. On mine, I have a Stant 10235.

Stant 10235 Radiator Cap - 20 PSI : Amazon.com : Automotive

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Looked through this and link to part exchange but either not listed or I was blind..

Looking for part number, hopefully available at Autozone or similar, for FUEL FILTER for 1994 Esprit S4

Someone throw me a bone?

Would it be the same as is for the 1989?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
AC Delco GF652

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm sure Sanj's number is correct, but also consider there is a GM part number on the existing filter, just pull it and take it with you to the parts supplier.

Brian

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
The original AC Delco number was GF481, which has been superseded by GF652. Many aftermarket filters will share the last three digits.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Walbro GSS 340 Fuel pump is not "plug and play" for the Esprit V8. The diameter is too large so you'd have to modify the receiver, the plug is wrong, the strainer doesn't match. Try the '95 Corvette fuel pump - there's only a slight difference in the top plastic that doesn't matter. Otherwise it's "plug and play" - fits well, strainer and plug matches. It's about $70 - you'll need two.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,365 Posts
Looked through this and link to part exchange but either not listed or I was blind..
For 4 cylinder Cross Reference info, bookmark THIS:

http://tinyurl.com/a27jjjr

(You will have to sign in to Yahoo Groups)

This was a list compiled over the years by Dr Hess... I will be updating it shortly with some of the info here.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a cross reference part number for the '84 anti-roll bar bushings?

I read on Dr. Hess page that Energy Suspension 9.9107G is listed.

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Yup! Thanks Sanj, fuel filter replaced today, in stock at OReillys, $15 !

BTW.. to anyone out there (prior to my posting in classifieds)... Looking to sell my 1994 S4 catalytic converter and will then be getting a hi-flow one.. PM if interested

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks a million for the images!
I'm assuming:
#1 = EGR temp. sensor (seems easy to reattach)
#3 = IAC connector (seems easy enough to reattach)
#5 = EGR valve connector plug (not so easy to reattach)??
I plan to take the IAC blue hose off at the RH turbo compressor duct nipple as per service notes.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts