The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bought a 1980 Esprit S2 and I will like to find sources for parts, either in the United States or UK.
I will also like to know if I can without generate a problem to mount in the Front wheels tires size 215/60 - 14
It became very hard to me to find the 205's and also the is no matching with the rears, (235/60-14).
Does anybody knows where to find tires for this car?
Also the rectangular plastic piece tha holds the gauges, (Cluster?),is brooken.
Is there any source to find a use one?
Please let me know.
Thanks,
William

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Hi I just bought a 1980 Esprit S2 and I will like to find sources for parts, either in the United States or UK.
I will also like to know if I can without generate a problem to mount in the Front wheels tires size 215/60 - 14
It became very hard to me to find the 205's and also the is no matching with the rears, (235/60-14).
Also the rectangular plastic piece tha holds the gauges, (Cluster?),is brooken.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
William
In the US Sports Car World in Texas, RD Enterprises in Pa., Dave Bean, JAE.
Join groups and forums specifically dedicated to Esprits.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In front you can also mount 195/60/14 . Some cars came with them.
My S2.2 drives with them.
I would not recommend 215/60/14 in front. To wide.

In the back you van use 205/70/14 or also 215/65/14.

search not only in de V rated tyres. On an S2 you can safely mount H rated, so there will be more choise.
You will not drive faster then 210km/u (130mph)in an S2

greets
Geert

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My bin had the crap black plastic and I replaced it with 'French Walnut' and it looks great. You can have any choice of wood. PM me for details.

In my own opinion if the dash is not of wood it's not British....

Robert

·
Registered
24 Posts
Also the rectangular plastic piece that holds the gauges, (Cluster?),is broken.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
William
G'day William,

I went through the same situation looking for parts and tires when I got my S2 JPS 18 months ago. I've kept a detailed blog of the work I had to do and where I sourced the parts, including tires, here: Restoration Blog

The Yahoo S1S2S3 group is very helpful and also the TLF Esprit - The Lotus Forums

Roo
The Gorge, USA

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
G'day William,

I went through the same situation looking for parts and tires when I got my S2 JPS 18 months ago. I've kept a detailed blog of the work I had to do and where I sourced the parts, including tires, here: Restoration Blog

The Yahoo S1S2S3 group is very helpful and also the TLF Esprit - The Lotus Forums

Roo
The Gorge, USA
Your car looks great...if I could own two esprits, they would be a JPS and an
X180R.

There is a guy in Maryland who has two JPS Esprits, both in need of restoration. I believe he is looking to sell one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts