·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
It appears to be a factory OEM badge but they certainly were not there when the car left the factory in Hethel.

·
Registered
46 Posts
LOL. Looks like Günther's

·
'94 S4
238 Posts
I am pretty sure this is a car that was owned by a member of this Forum (and another before him) that was written off after an engine fire and auctioned at Copart. Looks like the dealer has tarted her up. The indignities this poor car suffers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The bottom emblem 'styled by giugiaro' was a factory issue, not sure when they started issuing those but the '86, & '87 models had them. The other Lotus emblem was added on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Please don't, the car is beautiful as it is. It says "Lotus" on the front and back. That's plenty

Just sayin.

sd

·
Registered
671 Posts
no, but I think this guy need s few...

needs another "450 Sport" sticker! Why do people deface such beautiful artwork? 2 simple badges is enough! Anything more is just "noise"!
Artie

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
[QUOTE needs another "450 Sport" sticker! Why do people deface such beautiful artwork? 2 simple badges is enough! Anything more is just "noise"!
Artie[/QUOTE]

The guy is just showing 'Pride for his Ride' thats :cool: Be careful guys or you'll be labeled a 'Hater' like me for critcizing people who want to express their pride. :shrug:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please don't, the car is beautiful as it is. It says "Lotus" on the front and back. That's plenty

Just sayin.

sd
Thanks for the sanity check sd. Although... I did a quick photoshop and damn it if part of me still doesn't want these.

Let me ask you this:

Ferrari scuderia shields - For or Against?

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yea, Ferrari does it and that's cool. On a Lotus it is just copying. So do we all want Buick holes now????

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, Ferrari does it and that's cool. On a Lotus it is just copying. So do we all want Buick holes now????
Wait, what about on a Lambo? For or Against?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Thanks for the sanity check sd. Although... I did a quick photoshop and damn it if part of me still doesn't want these.

Let me ask you this:

For, and for the shields on your Esprit. It looks good and not over the top.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
I think the circular design of the Lotus emblem doesn't flow well with the lines of the car when put on the side of the car. Especially one that big.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,850 Posts
Those stickers add 15HP EACH, right? (That's what I was told, anyhow.)

;)

:popcorn:

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
You heard wrong. They don't add any horsepower, but because they are made of thin aluminum, they do add lightness.

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts

Let me ask you this:

Personally, I've done some pretty tasteless stuff to my cars over the years.
And the only person's criticism that mattered to me was my wife's.

However, the only person's approval you need is YOUR OWN. If YOU like it, frankly, that's all that matters.

Sure, your mods may be unliked by others and it may actually be ugly, but if it's what YOU want and you truly don't care what others think, I say go for it.

Just make sure you have a thick skin if the criticism is heavy - with the Internet, impersonal criticism can be very swift and pointed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the union jack on the sides, where the Lambo has the shields. Done by the PO, but I find it quite OK...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts