Registered
259 Posts
Sounds Fantastic!!

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,116 Posts
nice video, who is the composer?

My only issue with the Esprit 3.5 V8 is that it doesn't make much power considering it is turbocharged. I feel it should have had at least 500 considering the price, pedigree, and fact that it a turbocharged v8.

- the car has mystique none the less.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,392 Posts
My only issue with the Esprit 3.5 V8 is that it doesn't make much power considering it is turbocharged. I feel it should have had at least 500 considering the price, pedigree, and fact that it a turbocharged v8.
You must realize that Lotus set the published HP figure at 350 because Renault would not warrant the transmission for a more powerful car than that. ;)

Reports are that the STOCK engine put out more than 350 HP TO THE REAR WHEELS. :eek: Those with mild mods are seeing about 20% more than that.

Ask GMendosa what the V8 can achieve. :bow: :nanner:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...are there any reasonable aftermarket transmissions which fit the lotus powertrain?..

·
Registered
580 Posts
...are there any reasonable aftermarket transmissions which fit the lotus powertrain?..
If by reasonable you mean on the low side of 20k, I've yet to find one. You could use a Porsche G50, but the later/stronger ones are still kind of far from reasonably priced.

Best bet is one of the aftermarket strengthened gearsets. Fixes most all of the UN1 issues.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Then (with the hopped up cars) there's the driveshafts.......

Nice video, nice car, looks and sounds really good.

:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts