The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 97 Esprit for sale on Denver CL that has some kind of adjustable suspension the add claims.

Check out the pics.

Do you think that ride height is manageable? Here in the Atlanta area we can run cars pretty low, but I think I would be replacing air dams regularly at that ride height. Looks great that low.

What is it with red Esprit's right now - many for sale.

The add was posted here on LT with a link so the add was taken down, maybe the owner will chime in and let us know how it rides, if there is any rubbing and what brand of suspension he is running.

·
Registered
1987 Turbo Esprit HCI
66 Posts
That looks like 2 - 2 1/2" of clearance to me. I'm just picturing laying a 2x4 on the ground to come up with that size.
My BMW has 4" of clearance and I need to be careful. I wouldn't want to drive on roads I don't know with a car that low, and I certainly wouldn't lend it out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks fantastic but I’d imagine the ride isn’t great and it’s probably a recipe for lots of underside damage unless driven only on billiard-table-smooth roads and never driven up a driveway curb or over a speedbump! 🤣 Even my stock height ‘91 struggles with some of the steeper driveways in town, including at my preferred gas station.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sure is pretty. I know of one owner that devised and installed a hydraulic front end lift system on his Esprit, looks like this car could benefit from that mod.

Those appear to be later (post '97) model wheels. And from this angle the wing looks like maybe the earlier S4s version.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Ask them for the make/model of the suspension. If it’s a standard coil over setup you should be able to raise it pretty easily. I’d also asked what else was changed (if anything) with the suspension; sometimes you have to swap to adjustable links in order to align the car properly. If they have the old suspension you can always go back to that. There are a few options for coil over setups specifically made for the esprit but I have not seen one setup that low.

·
S4s
697 Posts
This car looks to be about 25 minutes from me. I've never seen this car at any of the car shows, cars & coffee or in the wild so I don't know anything about it. With the Montana plates, I'm guessing it is a recent addition to Colorado.

I did see on YouTube a video about this particular car with some drone footage and the owner talking more about the car.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,850 Posts
If it’s a standard coil over setup you should be able to raise it pretty easily.
In Seraph's video link, the seller did say that the front ride height can be increased.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Damn, that Esprit is awesome.

·
Registered
1987 Turbo Esprit HCI
66 Posts
This car looks to be about 25 minutes from me. I've never seen this car at any of the car shows, cars & coffee or in the wild so I don't know anything about it. With the Montana plates, I'm guessing it is a recent addition to Colorado.

I did see on YouTube a video about this particular car with some drone footage and the owner talking more about the car.
I haven't seen that Esprit in person, but my mother sent me photos of it when she saw it in Greenwood Village on March 6th 2020.
Here are some of the photos:
IMG_20200812_011653.jpg IMG_20200812_011700.jpg IMG_20200812_011656.jpg IMG_20200812_011648.jpg

I see a Yellow and a Black Esprit around my area near DTC. The Yellow one sat at Ferrari of Denver for a long time. The Black one I've seen at Schomp BMW before.

·
Registered
63 Posts

RE the Montana plates, you can register a car there with Montana LLC and pay no sales/use tax. Many people do this with exotics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts