The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if there is a way we can purchase the bodykit from the esthi? if so...where? that thing is sweet...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the point is downforce...i doubt it will add more weight, its probably constructed by carbon fiber or some light material like that..plus it just looks amazing. alvan motors has a kit for the elise but the one on the esthi looks more purposeful and better.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
And as I understand it, the Esthi required it because of the lengthening of the car (and wider tires?). So a true Esthi bodykit would not work, except maybe parts like the front. Don't know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They can do it on a standard Elise, but it has to be done in their shop in Germany, and it cost over ten grand. Thats just for the body kit, the tuning mods are more.

·
Registered
637 Posts
There are quite a few bodykits for the elise. The newest one I know of is being prototyped on a SELOC member's car (tigga) - it's a new front clam.

Tigga runs a company that currently does a gullwing hardtop for the elise so they are in the bodywork modification business already.

Here's a pic of the new front clam (and the new roof without panels)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts