The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Does it look likes the old toyota supra ?

·
Registered
564 Posts
looks like a wide body long wheel base Fiero

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Does it look likes the old toyota supra ?
Well it was designed during the time when Toyota was part owner of Lotus,prior to purchase by GM in 1986. At that point they brought in Peter Stevens to design the new Esprit and M100 Elan.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
looks like a wide body long wheel base Fiero
Yeah reminds me of the never made 1989 Fiero GT. The prototype for the 89 GT had sail panels like that in the rear made of plexiglass. Pontiac was supposed to be pioneering the manufacturing process behind that when the plug was pulled on Fiero.

Even the hood has some hints of the Fiero with the way the lines extend and the headlights sit in the hood.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I had a poster of the Etna in my room when I was a kid. It was supposed to be V8 powered. At the time of it's release to the show circuit there was a lot of upset because shortly thereafter Ford introduced the Maya concept which was VERY close. Of course neither reached production.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
The Lotus Etna now has its home in the netherlands.
The owner Olaf Glasius has one of the most important Lotus Collections
in europe. He is also chief of the Lotus Club Holland.

His other passion is bugatti, also a very big bugatti collection and
chief of Bugatti Club Holland.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Lotus Etna Concept Car
So while the Elise was named after some execs granddaughter..
. was the Etna named after some execs GRANDMOTHER!? :D

looks cool, almost in way it is to the Esprit, what the Evora is to the Elise?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Am i the only one who doesnt like the looks?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's from a different time. It looked good back then...
:bow:

I saw that car in donington and in the netherlands. GREAT!!!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...it'd fit right in...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I became obsessed with the Etna when I first saw it in a car magazine in the early 80s and have wanted it ever since.

I was excited when I saw it for sale from Paul Matty sports cars in th UK, Unfortunately when I phoned him , he indicated all the effort that would be involved in getting this car in running condition, (no brakes, no electrical system, clay body panels, etc..) so I reluctanty passed on the opportunity.

I still regret letting it get away, but it was probably the right thing to do. I'm happy its in good hands with a loving owner who was able to bring it into running condition. (instead of some speculator)

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I agree, I thought the car was amazing in it's time. I can't believe it was even offered for sale.
http://www.projectm71.com/Rudd.htm
Michael
I became obsessed with the Etna when I first saw it in a car magazine in the early 80s and have wanted it ever since.

I was excited when I saw it for sale from Paul Matty sports cars in th UK, Unfortunately when I phoned him , he indicated all the effort that would be involved in getting this car in running condition, (no brakes, no electrical system, clay body panels, etc..) so I reluctanty passed on the opportunity.

I still regret letting it get away, but it was probably the right thing to do. I'm happy its in good hands with a loving owner who was able to bring it into running condition. (instead of some speculator)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts