The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The special GAMESTOP ONLY pre-order of Gran Turismo 6 includes a Europa S.2 15th Anniversary Edition for your driving pleasure :)

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
The special GAMESTOP ONLY pre-order of Gran Turismo 6 includes a Europa S.2 15th Anniversary Edition for your driving pleasure :)

Not an S2. S2 Europas have door handles. Nice custom job, though, giving it a wartectomy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is a bit (more like a lot) off topic, but this thread reminds me of an incident that happened some years ago. It probably fits the "Funniest/Most Stupid" thread but here goes.

This happened about ten years ago. I was working in Calgary at the time but we kept our place on the west coast. I had arranged a meeting in Vancouver on a Monday so I had flown out on Friday to get home for the weekend.

Anyway, it was a sunny Friday evening and since I hadn't had the Europa out for a while I did the reasonable thing and took it out to pick up a pizza. I was getting out of the car at the restaurant just as a family group - parents mid-50s and two 20-something sons - came out. One of the young guys yelled out "Hey, it's a Lotus Europa". I expressed surprise that he knew what it was and he said "I used to race one". At that point I was really surprised and asked him where he raced. He then stuck out his fists, enthusiastically waggled both thumbs and said "In GT2!"

I guess this proves the educational value of video games.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a bit (more like a lot) off topic, but this thread reminds me of an incident that happened some years ago. It probably fits the "Funniest/Most Stupid" thread but here goes.

This happened about ten years ago. I was working in Calgary at the time but we kept our place on the west coast. I had arranged a meeting in Vancouver on a Monday so I had flown out on Friday to get home for the weekend.

Anyway, it was a sunny Friday evening and since I hadn't had the Europa out for a while I did the reasonable thing and took it out to pick up a pizza. I was getting out of the car at the restaurant just as a family group - parents mid-50s and two 20-something sons - came out. One of the young guys yelled out "Hey, it's a Lotus Europa". I expressed surprise that he knew what it was and he said "I used to race one". At that point I was really surprised and asked him where he raced. He then stuck out his fists, enthusiastically waggled both thumbs and said "In GT2!"

I guess this proves the educational value of video games.
That's greatness. I was playing GT5 with my 13-year-old and got to drive a Ferrari 512 Berlinetta Boxer. I'd never driven a Ferrari before. It was fantastic! I have a 68 Coronet 440, so when I drove the Plymouth Superbird I was pleased to see the front of the car torques down and left, lifting the right front quarter panel slightly on heavy acceleration just like its supposed to. My boy asked, "Why do you like all these old cars?" I explained, "Son, these are the supercars I grew up with. They're special to me, and now I get to drive them." Understanding, he picked up his controller, and we raced the night away.

With these kind of video games, he can introduce me to his world, and I can introduce him to mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not an S2. S2 Europas have door handles. Nice custom job, though, giving it a wartectomy.
It very well could be an S2, the early type 54 S2's lacked door handles and "warts". I've got one or rather I have a body and frame for a 54 sitting in my shed, that hopefully will be a car once more sometime soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts