The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Oh my lord!!!!

Now I just need to borrow some duckets from Mr Gates or Bezos.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was on the list, I was contacted. But I retracted. I did it just for fun. I don't have 1 million plus dollars....LOL

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Okay, so I hear that the roadster version in a stick is soon to follow. Anyone else hear this?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I’m having a hard time getting excited about an unabtainium hypercar that nobody can afford and they’re probably only going to build 5 of. Even less excited about the all electric part. At 2000 electric HP, will it even make it a 1/4 mile at full throttle before the batteries are dead?

·
2006 SportElise #9
268 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Haha, it’s not for people like you and me who would ask practical questions. There will be a sheikha in Dubai tooling around in one as soon as it comes off the production line.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow, what a car! Never been a fan of EV’s however I understand why we get them

Seeing videos like this showing what lotus has been spending their time on, makes me really anxious to see what affordable models they will produce in the future.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think they knocked this out of the park. The more I look at it the more stunning it is. The specs are impressive and it seems to be industry leading right now. I think is a great sign for things to come down the line at a price us mere mortals can afford.

0-300kmh in 9 seconds. Thats 3 seconds faster than the Koenigsegg Agera RS. That's insane. It's also very light for an EV with this kind of performance. The Rimac 2 is supposed to be 300kg heavier with the same horsepower. This thing is going to be an absolute beast.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I’m having a hard time getting excited about an unabtainium hypercar that nobody can afford and they’re probably only going to build 5 of. Even less excited about the all electric part. At 2000 electric HP, will it even make it a 1/4 mile at full throttle before the batteries are dead?
Agreed on the unobtanium

I think the batteries will last the x seconds for a 1/4 mile

a real track day is another issue

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Okay, so I hear that the roadster version in a stick is soon to follow. Anyone else hear this?
Agreed on the unobtanium

I think the batteries will last the x seconds for a 1/4 mile

a real track day is another issue
Come on guys, at least do a little background reading...

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28408787/lotus-evija-photos-info/

Drive is supplied to each wheel through a combined motor and single-speed epicyclic transmission. Each motor will make up to 493 horsepower and will also add the ability to use aggressive and almost instant torque vectoring. Total torque output across the four motors is claimed to be 1254 lb-ft.

The Evija has also been designed to deliver its huge performance without complaint. With four heat exchangers, the company says that the car can be driven flat out for seven minutes in its most aggressive Track mode without suffering from any battery de-rating. (That should be long enough for a serious attempt to set a "production EV" Nürburgring Nordschleife lap record.)

·
Registered
474 Posts
".....the Evija won’t be offered in the United States". I knew that was coming. I hope that they are right about new models following soon behind.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Absolutely stunning and beautiful design, very proud of Lotus!!!!

Reactions: brgelise

·
Illegal Alien
4,971 Posts
You can save $1.9M and have the same 0-60 MPH but get to 1/4 mile in +2 seconds with an NSX.
You can save more than that, NSX's are being discounted heavily.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts