The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2000 track miles, I need new front brake rotors for my 2017 Evora 400.

My dealer quoted me $1250 for each rotor, or $2500 total.

Apparently no one makes OEM rotors for the 400 so I need to buy direct from Lotus and hence the high price.

Anyone know any alternatives?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts

Apparently no one makes OEM rotors for the 400 so I need to buy direct from Lotus and hence the high price.

Give me a call, we are planning on offering our ULTRAdisc in the 400 fitment. We are not ready but can be fairly quickly. (951)296-6762

·
Banned
366 Posts

Good for you, using the car to it's full potential! I can see the for sale ad in 5 years already. "2017 Lotus Evora 400, adult driven, never raced, 10,000 babied highway miles" lol jk

·
Registered
824 Posts
Might want to also contact DBA, or a DBA distributor. The brakes are AP Racing and might be something they already have, just a matter of cross referencing.

They list rotors on their website for the 400, but they look like the same as the S1 Evora, so probably incorrect part catalog.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Give me a call, we are planning on offering our ULTRAdisc in the 400 fitment. We are not ready but can be fairly quickly. (951)296-6762
Good talking with you shinoo. I look forward to buying those rotors from you in the future.
Shinoo and InoKinetic are top shelf.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The hard part is making just a few sets. DBA is not so good at that. The Girodiscs through Sector11 are likely the best alternative unless 50 of you get together.

It would still be probably $1200/pair or so minimum.

Does anyone have any specs on these at all?

Ken

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Shinoo’s will be better in performance and definitely looks compared to the OEM

·
Premium Member
6,511 Posts
They are sweet brakes!!! When my rears go, its time for them. BTW they are overcharging you several hundred percent at the dealer as I swear I only paid ~400-500 for a front set, and rear set a few years back from OC for the solids. Punt on the drilled as they will crack.

·
Supporting Vendor
396 Posts
They are sweet brakes!!! When my rears go, its time for them. BTW they are overcharging you several hundred percent at the dealer as I swear I only paid ~400-500 for a front set, and rear set a few years back from OC for the solids. Punt on the drilled as they will crack.
Woahhhh.....easy there cowboy. That stealership definitely wasn't overcharging. :smile2: As of today, that price we..cough cough said stealership quoted is $300 lower EACH SIDE (he was getting a good deal) and S1 discs are 1/5 the cost. Larger rotor, two piece and developed by AP.

Have a great weekend!

-Brian

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,511 Posts
$1500 for stock S2 Lotus Rotors and Ultradiscs for $1100. Indeed I am impressed that the 400 uses 2 piece units as it should have on the S1. So you see my S1 related fitment $$'s were correct. Still it will be interesting to see how the Ultradiscs hold up v the AP's. Now reading more closely am I seeing $1536 for 1 front LH rotor or a pair of front rotors??? I see no plural as in pair of ROTORS Minor cost difference here.

·
Supporting Vendor
396 Posts
$1500 for stock S2 Lotus Rotors and Ultradiscs for $1100. Indeed I am impressed that the 400 uses 2 piece units as it should have on the S1. So you see my S1 related fitment $$'s were correct. Still it will be interesting to see how the Ultradiscs hold up v the AP's. Now reading more closely am I seeing $1536 for 1 front LH rotor or a pair of front rotors??? I see no plural as in pair of ROTORS Minor cost difference here.
Afternoon@brgelise,

As of yesterday, they were $1,536 ea. list price.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
6,511 Posts
WOW!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
With the stock rotor being a two piece design, can't an outer disc be sourced aftermarket? I doubt AP made a one off design just for the Evora.

·
Premium Member
6,511 Posts
Ted you would be correct. Ask Gator if they sell the replacement rotor discs without the caps. Wonder if that will still be as expensive as the new Ultradiscs??

Remember, Cowboy knows about the 2bular scenario!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
With the stock rotor being a two piece design, can't an outer disc be sourced aftermarket? I doubt AP made a one off design just for the Evora.
That is what we did for the V6 Exige as the volume is so low. We've chosen to make the hats as well and I suspect our full rotor will be less than the OE rings.

In Lotus defense, they are sourcing from AP (top shelf) and must go through distribution (everyone needs to make money). Our product is produced here in the USA by a qualified, but much smaller brake manufacturer - Girodisc.

·
Got Parts?
359 Posts
Ted you would be correct. Ask Gator if they sell the replacement rotor discs without the caps. Wonder if that will still be as expensive as the new Ultradiscs??

Remember, Cowboy knows about the 2bular scenario!
As of right now, Lotus does not offer the rotor discs separately like they did on the S2 Elise/Exige.

-Dino

1 - 20 of 25 Posts