The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please watch the video and give me your thoughts. The car runs perfectly fine, oil change/smog was done at 15.8k miles.This just started happening 2 days ago, car is at 18k miles 2014 Lotus Evora ips automatic. I think it needs a new battery or charge but not sure..

EDIT: SOLVED, I just charged the battery once and it runs fine

·
Registered
288 Posts
That rapid clicking you hear is probably related to an amperage issue.

Things to check:
Battery terminal tightness
Battery terminal corrosion (should be clean metal to metal contact)
Engine to chassis/battery ground condition (should be clean metal to metal contact)
Age of your battery

If you use a jump box or jump off of another vehicle, does the condition still occur?

Reactions: Europa TC

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response, I charged the battery with the battery tender overnight and now there's no check engine light and car starts up right away ?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is it tight packaging and accompanying heat that seems to kill Evora batteries early, or is it, as another poster said, parasitic drain somewhere down line?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Is it tight packaging and accompanying heat that seems to kill Evora batteries early, or is it, as another poster said, parasitic drain somewhere down line?
Both maybe? It seems that Lotus was aware that their design was going to cause some parasitic drain over time, as the service notes makes mention of this.

The owner handbook is a bit different, in that it says the car will be fine without charging if it sits for about 3 weeks.

Attachments

·
Loves to talk
1,101 Posts

Thanks!
Any issue most likely has little to do with location. Batteries are located in engine compartments more often than not.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Buy a code reader, I have CEL and GEAR icon show up once in a while, out put shaft. clear codes and drive easy for a few miles...

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Does the '14 still have the POS Varta? That's reason enough to have problems without looking further.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does the '14 still have the POS Varta? That's reason enough to have problems without looking further.
Yes it does have the original varta battery, After the charge it runs fine now but I see so many posts about how bad the varta battery is that i'm considering replacing the battery
What battery should I replace it with?

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts