The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RegisteredUser of a Lotus
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I got the BOE intake installed on 2013 Lotus Evora S IPS and the 2bular header engine protection kit. This caused a major fiasco at the shop since apparently the O2 sensors when removed from the old manifold, are very sensitive so when installed on the new headers caused lean codes galore. 4 o2 sensors later and that problem got resolved but now there were throttle body codes. They replaced the throttle body since it is an inexpensive part and finally tuned the car with the new intake and headers. They are getting about 340 pound feet of torque and 300 horses at the wheel. Has anyone every dynoed (Mustang Dyno) their Evora s and if so what numbers did you get? I am going to pick up the car later today so if there is anything I should look out for or ask the tuner it would be greatly appreciated as I have never done this before! I know the Evora S is supposed to put out 345 horsepower but I assume that is at the crank and not the rear wheel. Thanks in advance! :nerd:

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
I think the HP number you pulled on that day is perhaps disappointing but the bloom in torque looks encouraging and after all, that's what you're going to notice day to day.

·
Registered
166 Posts
What shop did you take it to, and what software are they using to change the tune? Are they writing to the stock T4 ECU or have you replaced it?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
So torque and horsepower are just math right?

You gain 40 lb ft of torque but lose horsepower?

So either the thing is not breathing and is losing huge on the high end or the math is worng somehow

·
Registered
278 Posts
Without seeing OPs dyno chart, those hp and torque figures seem weird for a supercharged engine. You dont typically see a higher torque value than hp for a relatively high revving supercharged engine. OP - is it possible that your numbers are transposed between torque and hp?

·
RegisteredUser of a Lotus
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, I'm not so sure now. I am going to pick up the car today and get the dyno sheet and post it here. I really appreciate all the help guys!

·
Illegal Alien
5,007 Posts
What shop did you take it to, and what software are they using to change the tune? Are they writing to the stock T4 ECU or have you replaced it?
Thanks
Not sure if your question was posed to me or the OP, I don't think the OP got a tune, only added hardware. My car was tuned by BOE, what I posted were 2013 numbers, in 2016 with long tube headers and new tune power is much higher. Lotus uses a T6 EFI unit in the Evoras's and BOE has full code hack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts