The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Lotus Evora Tesla EV Build

64K views 127 replies 46 participants last post by  Exira 
I've seen you race.

Very interested in your build and believe climate change is multifactorial. Our biggest concerns are developing 3rd world countries and esp China and India which are 25-50 yrs behind us on environmental issues. I think packaging issues in the Evora will present major problems for you as well as ruining the single biggest asset of this vehicle-->its extraordinary balance. I too, wonder why destroy a new, rare car when there are plenty of fine used ones out there. Let alone by a rolling chassis from Lotus. You do race so you would know those channels.

As far as performance is concerned, at the Glen last July a Novice showed up in a Tesla Model S the fastest model. Let's just say we were all GROSSLY underwhelmed. First off novices, by their nature, are very slow. This particular driver let's be polite and call them inept AND SCARY. Yes, the car was fast as hell in a straight line for a few laps, even in session 1, then it went into its safety modes. They fought with it all day, charging it up between sessions and only getting a 1/2 dozen laps before the battery packs were too hot etc. They are NOT READY FOR TRACK DAYS YET, NOT EVEN CLOSE. The left after 3 sessions. We all expected a fast sedan on track by PM, but it never happened.

As far as charging these things, unless its via solar or wind, its only moving the pollution upstream IMHO. I doubt majority of owners charge that way. The power grid in this country is already maxed out in many areas. So, at what cost will the EV vehicle become routine?? That does not mean I am not very interested in your project. But don't plan on taking it to a track. The motor will be a profound letdown compared to the capabilities of the vehicle. You race, you know balance...out of the box in its price range, what is better/ Cayman GT? Best of luck and we all have different ways to let our creative juices flow!:clap:

If you get to a point where you get full ability to tune this, something our suppliers have been grappling with for years, you will be a major hit on this website. Great stuff. I envy your knowledge on this stuff!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.