The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Funny you should say that - I was thinking a corvette with a Toyota engine might be the way to go....

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Would require a near 100% re-engineering effort of the car.

I think getting 505 hp out of the Camry engine would be much cheaper, easier, and more effective.

The LS7 is a simply AMAZING engine... but I don't think it belongs in the MR layout of the Evora.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Toyota even makes a v12 engine. It has been a rumor they have been using this v12 to develop a 1000hp supra. Currently tho the engine is used in a limousine that Toyota builds and in that form puts out 280 hp at 5200 rpm and 355 tq at 4000. They even make many types of diesel.

As Lotus has already said, they are starting off with the 2GR-FE. I have a feeling that they will move up to the 2GR-FSE which in N/A form makes 311 hp & 278 tq. It does this by using both direct injection & port injection for very good A/F ratio under low & medium load and under high load uses only direct injection. This engine will be far more responsive than any other v6 Lotus could have used and this is before they put on any forced induction.

Lists of all Toyota Engines (click on engine letter code to view specific family engines up close)
List of Toyota engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
648 Posts
Toyota even makes a v12 engine. It has been a rumor they have been using this v12 to develop a 1000hp supra. Currently tho the engine is used in a limousine that Toyota builds and in that form puts out 280 hp at 5200 rpm and 355 tq at 4000. They even make many types of diesel.

As Lotus has already said, they are starting off with the 2GR-FE. I have a feeling that they will move up to the 2GR-FSE which in N/A form makes 311 hp & 278 tq. It does this by using both direct injection & port injection for very good A/F ratio under low & medium load and under high load uses only direct injection. This engine will be far more responsive than any other v6 Lotus could have used and this is before they put on any forced induction.

Lists of all Toyota Engines (click on engine letter code to view specific family engines up close)
List of Toyota engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The V12 engine was swapped into a supra awhile ago by Top Secret a while ago and made insane power.

Yes the IS-F makes huge power with a little boost. The 2gr-fse is a good platform motor also for added boost within reason. The compression is a bit too high however to hold too much boost and be reliable but can be done. I still think it's just pure [email protected]#$ block that they are using the base model engine in the initial offering. But to be true to form power wont be coming till later versions of the car.

Here's just hoping that "Lotus" engine tuning wont be a giant PITA like it is on the current models. I'll be first in line when they offer a more final solution powerwise.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Jeez guys, not to be a real downer here, but can we let the car hit US soil before we start trying to out-engineer the Lotus engineers? :rolleyes:

Flame on... :)

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Jeez guys, not to be a real downer here, but can we let the car hit US soil before we start trying to out-engineer the Lotus engineers? :rolleyes:

Flame on... :)

Well, they are limited by cost, which leads to compromises... Compromises lead us to want MORE :evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts