The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plans for Lotus Exige GT4

"Lotus Sport, the performance division of Lotus Cars Ltd, has announced that it is developing a striking GT4 specification Exige eligible to compete in the 2009 SRO-promoted European GT4 Cup, subject to completing homologation.
This car builds upon the development of the Lotus Sport Exige Cup range and 2006 Championship winning GT3 Exige to provide an extremely competitive package.
A document outlining the technical specifications of the car is available for download
All interested teams/parties should contact Russell Gibbons email [email protected] or your nearest approved Lotus dealer."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
2225 width rear tire, nice! rotfl

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
To be or not to be?

Anyone out there has the GT4?
Care to share the experience? :bow:

May have chance to have the GT4 ECU + all the necessary hardwares to upgrade my Blade 300 to GT4. I may have some time to check out the only GT4 in HK tomorrow., they told me that the factory cooler is way too big to fit under the hatch, and need to trim away a little bit inside of the hatch + it have 2 push fan in it; the injectors are not as big as RC550, but the cat is smaller and the sound is like F1 when it width open. And the torque is so violent and much better than any mold in the market (VF, Charlix or B300....)

But just like buying clothes, you need to try it out first.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone out there has the GT4?
Care to share the experience? :bow:

May have chance to have the GT4 ECU + all the necessary hardwares to upgrade my Blade 300 to GT4. I may have some time to check out the only GT4 in HK tomorrow., they told me that the factory cooler is way too big to fit under the hatch, and need to trim away a little bit inside of the hatch + it have 2 push fan in it; the injectors are not as big as RC550, but the cat is smaller and the sound is like F1 when it width open. And the torque is so violent and much better than any mold in the market (VF, Charlix or B300....)

But just like buying clothes, you need to try it out first.
hi hkfever, i think your blade 300 are much better performance than the gt4 as gt4 are using standard ECU and not allow to tune......injector also standard...only allow to add rolecage / fin / spoiler / exhaust / decat / filter...

I got my VF2 now, it was so much fun and i think it beat the GT4 anytime.
i had play with the GTR34 / subaru S204 / Honda type R / Exige S240 / Evora / F430 .........i beat them all........ha ha...waited the VF3 now....:nanner:

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
hi hkfever, i think your blade 300 are much better performance than the gt4 as gt4 are using standard ECU and not allow to tune......injector also standard...only allow to add rolecage / fin / spoiler / exhaust / decat / filter...

I got my VF2 now, it was so much fun and i think it beat the GT4 anytime.
i had play with the GTR34 / subaru S204 / Honda type R / Exige S240 / Evora / F430 .........i beat them all........ha ha...waited the VF3 now....:nanner:
Couple friend tried the GT4 and mentioned the torque is violent.:eek: So I just wonder. Dealer is trying to talk me into GT4 mold rotfl

You beat GTR....-eek- Oh. only 34 :p F430, I don't think so :huh:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Couple friend tried the GT4 and mentioned the torque is violent.:eek: So I just wonder. Dealer is trying to talk me into GT4 mold rotfl

You beat GTR....-eek- Oh. only 34 :p F430, I don't think so :huh:
-actually the genting drive 1800m high (lots of bend /sharp turn / tight corner ) exige can beat most of the supercar easy..........we always eat ferrari as breakfast....

-on sunday drive, one of the Golf GTI crash into GTR35 and the GTR burn into scrap.....

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t21GwHazTuE&h=1b699

·
Registered
6,226 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tried with 2010 GTR, in 4th gear it just simply pull aprt from me on highway :mad:
GTR35 on straight definitely is fast, but uphill run exige will beat them.

this is one of the lotus sunday drive up genting highland.
1800m uphill run with 72 hairpin turn. Down hill run......even the F430 cannot catch the elise.......

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The mouth is not aggressive enough, and the headlights need to look more like a Honda.

<<Sorry, I was just taken over by the spirit of Julian Bahar.>>

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Pictures from the HK Dealer's GT4

The Stock cooler comes with 2 fans.
The GT4 exhaust comes with 4-1 header (really nice looking), new sport cat, new light weight muffler (sound very quite, yet like F1 in high RPM, no drone, adhustable tip). :drool:

Here is some JPGs:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,226 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Agreed..........faster than your blade 300?

No idea, the ECU is not in today besides the front clam is off. So no way to try. Hopfully this Sat before it got load in container to China. All the guys in dealer mention the hugh torque increase in low RPM. One of the yellow Exige S260 even took the ECU home to try it on his S260:cool:

But we plug in regular 240S ECU and tried the exhaust sound. The exhaust is sweet, not too loud, but howling in high RPM.

The down side of this GT4 is no traction control, as this GT4 is the earlier version that not use EFI.

P.S. The cooler is not bar & plate, it's more like tube & plate and the fin is too far apart :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts